The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Uhhhh . . . tiny little problem here:
When I open up the movie player, (I'm using this for Prophecy) I click on the file and all the movies come up like they're supposed too, but when I click on one of them and press Play or Rip to AVI, nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?

The Maniac
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
AD said:
If you really want to post the movie as a public free-for-all, you chould download some kind of ftp client software like smartftp or something better. That one atleast has a free trial that never *really* seems to run out. Then get on IRC or email the CIC. THey should be able to fill you in on how to connect to the ftp and upload the file. If you are still thinking about doing some changes or anything based on mine or Raptor_Pilots viewing of it then it won't hurt everyone to wait a few days until you are ready to do that. But you should still contact the CIC staff about it personally. (after all Chris already mentioned early in the thread that the CIC would most likely be able to host it for you)
Yes I have an FTP client already, I just need to get the ip address or hostname. I was hoping to send it to you and Raptor Pilo first. But I'll go on IRC to talk to them.

Maniac89 said:
Uhhhh . . . tiny little problem here:
When I open up the movie player, (I'm using this for Prophecy) I click on the file and all the movies come up like they're supposed too, but when I click on one of them and press Play or Rip to AVI, nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?

The Maniac
Did you rip one file and then it stopped working? If so, it always gets extracted to rip.avi, so you need to rename it after every rip...
 

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Ummm . . . 2 questions . . .
What comp. mode do I set it to and when I go to Properties, it has no compatibility.
 

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
maniac89 said:
Ummm . . . 2 questions . . .
What comp. mode do I set it to and when I go to Properties, it has no compatibility.

what OS are you running? In xp rightclick on the program and chose properties. then click the compatabilty tab and chose either win96 or 98

See if that helps. YOu sould also try uninstalling it and reinstalling it first though
 

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
AD said:
what OS are you running? In xp rightclick on the program and chose properties. then click the compatabilty tab and chose either win96 or 98

See if that helps. YOu sould also try uninstalling it and reinstalling it first though
My OS is XP, and I don't know what's happening, but there is no compatibility tab when I click on Properties!

The Maniac

P.S. I also uninstalled then reinstalled it.
 

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
maniac89 said:
My OS is XP, and I don't know what's happening, but there is no compatibility tab when I click on Properties!

The Maniac

P.S. I also uninstalled then reinstalled it.
are you running version 1.2a? And the file you should be running is wcplayer (not wcmv). When you right-click a menu apears and you chose properties yes? Comptability should be the third tab over at the top of the window that comes up. If that doesn't work... I don't know. do you have any other memory resident programs running in the background? Try turning everything unnecessary as well.
 

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
I am running in version 1.2a, and when you say to right click on wcplayer.exe then chose Properties, which program are you using to do this? Because I have tried WinZip, WinRAR, and WinAce, (and compressed zip folder) and there is no Compatibility tab! What am I doing wrong?

The Maniac
 

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
:) Please ignore what I just posted, I got it in compatibility mode, but yet nothing happens?
 

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
When you downloaded wcmv_1_2a.zip you should have extracted *all* the files into a single directory, or folder if you wanted to create one on your desktop.

To run the Movie Player, run wcplayer.exe and be sure to have wcmv.exe, sdl.dll and
xanlib.dll in the same directory. Then put a WC CD on the drive and click on the Open
button. Select a TRE file (or a TGV file, in case of P2) and a list of movies will appear
on the list on the right. Select a movie there and click on the "Play" button.
Make sure that those dlls are present. If you still have trouble maybe check HCls website.
 

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Yeah actually, I am . . .
I didn't announce it because I figured someone already did it, and I have a question:
How do I make them all (the movies) interlaced so they run together?

Thanks,
The Maniac

P.S. - Hey Queeq, I looked back at your earlier post about that it always gets ripped to rip.avi, and I can thank you for that!
 

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
maniac89 said:
How do I make them all (the movies) interlaced so they run together?

Uh, that's not what interlaced means. But as far as splicing clips together goes, you need some video editing software. Something as simple as "windows movie maker" that should have come with XP would do the trick.
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
maniac89 said:
Hey Queeg, I looked back at your earlier post about that it always gets ripped to rip.avi, and I can thank you for that!
Glad I could help :), your ripping WCV prophecy right?
 
Top