The WC grape board

excuseme.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
SM1 & 2 - The Dralthi missions (mentioned already) could have been WAY better designed. How is it that the enemy almost always recognized you at first sight? Sheesh...

You must be playing the Kilrathi Saga version - in the original, the enemy only attacked after being fired upon.

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, I know you need something different to talk about. It's just depressing to see "WC Gripe Board" at the top of the czpull on the front page every day. :)
Yeah, I agree. Is it possible to change the title from "WC Gripe Board" to something like "WC constructive criticism" :)
BTW, I think WC SAGA is our best hope now : if it is such a success that the people at EA wake up and remake the series / make a new sequel. I hope it's more than just a dream. :(

Sure. But no single fan project will change EA's position on anything. EA is already awake, and when the conditions are right, they'll make a new Wing Commander game. The only thing we can do is participate in a broad range of community activities to show them there is a large and active fan base. I wouldn't really peg Saga as a wake up call anyhow. They've been relatively quiet for months compared to Standoff or the Priv Remake.

ChrisReid said:
They've been relatively quiet for months compared to Standoff or the Priv Remake.

Yup, we are not talking much lately but a great new Episode is baking in Eder´s oven... It will be released soon (i.e., "when it´s done" :p)

ChrisReid said:
. They've been relatively quiet for months compared to Standoff or the Priv Remake.

We havent posted much, but we've actually been getting *lots* done. I have the prologue beta on my PC and its looking really great. Some stoopid person deleted all the forums over at HLP and they need to wait for GameSpy to send them another password to get it back so no one can post bug reports and discuss it properly until then. Not long now guys. And Im also certian that the full release will be lightyears ahead of the beta.

Ed

Yes, WC Saga Prologue is in active beta testing right now. We're too busy to post much, but as Edx said there is a lot of work going on because like the other mods, we like the fans and want to give them something quality. So, if you don't hear back from us, its because we're slaving away to make something really worth playing.

I must say, I've very excited for Standoff Chapter 2 to come out (it won't be long now).

I'm still waiting for the WC grapes. LOAF, is there any famous wine in WC? Not whine, wine as in the alcoholic beverage ;)

Well... someone with administrative authority changed it from the "gripe" board to the "grape" board. Heh... I'll never forget after I got called.... no... I'm not giving you any ammunition.

Wing Commander 1 - Great game of its time and now a classic in my library of games. Slow introduction to the main characters but gives you an interesting insight to the other people.

Wing Commander 2 - Absolutely stunning when I first played it and listen to the introduction between the Emperor and the Prince. God it was brillant when it came out and I still think it is still brillant after what they did to it.
More details about the characters and knowing better of the others and some history about the Kilrathi War.

Wing Commander 3 - Flight Sim on a whole new level, great game play, would have love to used the turrets on the TCS Victory, love the interaction options.

Wing Commander 4 - 2 Thumbs up cant say much but if I enjoyed 3 then I enjoyed 4

Wing Commander Prophecy - A whole new generation of pilots and a whole new story. With the some of the old pilots of the previous war. Great backdrop story., Game play was good and was very much satisfied, thou a tad sad that Blair had to died. Personally I was hoping that Maniac would have died somewhere down the track.....

Wing Commander Aramada - Loved it. My brother and I played it against each other like crazy, alternating between Kilrathi and Confed. My mates got a copy from me and we started playin LAN. But then it last for only a year or so before newer and better sim-strategy games came out.

Privateer 1 - Good game, but could have provided more ships to fly

Privateer 2 - Enjoyed it, but had hoped it kept in within the proper wc universe. the ships were good to look at one the outside but they cuold have done something about the inside. For example look at the ships in Starlancer and Freelancer. Now those games were fun as.

Back