The Vatari

Ilanin

Captain
My recording run has just reached First Encounters, the eponymous event within which being the meeting with the wonderful sleek, evil Vatari superfighters.

Now, I can understand why the Standoff technical database has all of the ship's capabilities listed as "unknown", but you guys wrote the game, so they *are* known...any chance someone could let slip what they are? It'd be something I'd want to put in the Guide as well.

I'm sorry, but the stats are unknown to us as well. You know how it is, them Intel boys don't tell us everything...

Seriously, though. It's relatively easy to open up the Vatari's IFF file and get the stats from there. I'll dig 'em up later, unless someone beats me to it.

Well, I've never actually used WCPEdit to look at ship stats and so on before today. I did just about manage to find the files and have a look through, and I more or less understood most of it, but I'm mystified by the armament.

So, Vatari, Vatari...

Max velocity: 440 KPS
Acceleration: 500 KPS
Max AB velocity: 1450 KPS
AB acceleration: 900 KPS
Max YPR: 80/80/80 DPS
Guns: 4 x Particle Cannons, 2 x Mass Drivers
Missiles: 6 x Fang FF, 3 x Claw IR, 3 x Stalker HS
Shields (Fore/Aft): 400/400
Armor (Fore/Aft/Sides): 280/220/240

And, to save me the trouble of providing detailed stats for every other ship... when reading guns in Standoff files, you need to keep in mind that some guns exist in multiple instances - because if we want a gun to use two different angles of convergence on two different ships, we need to create the same gun twice. Here's the list of guns from Standoff with their numeric IDs:

STANDARD BULLETS
0 - laser - no convergence
1 - particle - no convergence
2 - neutron - no convergence
3 - mass driver - no convergence

CONVERGING BULLETS
5 - mass driver - small convergence angle
6 - mass driver - big convergence angle
8 - particle - small convergence angle
9 - neutron - small convergence angle
10 - laser - small convergence angle
11 - laser - big convergence angle
12 - neutron - small convergence angle
13 - particle - big convergence angle
17 - mass driver - medium convergence angle
18 - particle - medium convergence angle

TURRETS
4 - neutron turret
7 - flak turret
15 - PTC
16 - AMG

I do not, unfortunately, remember the numbers for all the missile IDs - and we don't actually have them listed anywhere, oddly enough. Here's the ones I do remember:
1 - FF
2 - IR
4 - HS
6 - Torpedo
7 - DF

Back