The Vampire Strikes Back (May 4, 2007)

I exchanged private messages with rtheriaque last month, but haven't heard anything since then.

For me, it would have to be the Claw. Original and best. :D

tclaw1s.jpg

I'd certainly pitch in for this project, if it goes ahead (uhh, unless it ends up being a model that I really, really hate :p).

Let's start a poll on what ship we want. I have an idea of the cost of the master, but the casters I know are all pretty backed up right now. Once I can start firming up prices, we can start to nail down the potential price.

If I may make a suggestion with the polling.
I would set up one poll for just capital ships and a second poll for just fighters. Then whoever wins out of those are the ones that will go into production, or if other factors are an issue, a poll between the top winner in each category. The final poll will determine which one actual goes into production.
I would just think it would help narrow down the range of choices and everyone would get a say without feeling that their favorite class of vessel was left out because there was no capital ship category.

If this takes off you can definitely put me down as willing to send in money to make it work. Triple digits even.

We aren't going to get a serious run of ships in a significant scale. It's just cost prohibitive.

There might be an alternative if we do tiny fighters- once you get the cost of rubber down things can get reasonable.

rtheriaque,

As nice as it would be to have a good run of ships in significant scale I was just thinking if the poll was conducted the way I outlined the group on here would probably end up with one WC capital ship OR one WC fighter that the largest number of people would enjoy. Also that might get the most people who would be willing to front money for this project.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer in the previous post but whatever is decided you're the one organizing it so its your ballgame. I'll just be happy for a WC model of anything even if its a garbage scow!

You all figure out which ship you want, and I'll contribute my part towards anything (from the games). Personally, I'd really like a Dragon on my desk.

If I may make a suggestion with the polling.
I would set up one poll for just capital ships and a second poll for just fighters. Then whoever wins out of those are the ones that will go into production, or if other factors are an issue, a poll between the top winner in each category. The final poll will determine which one actual goes into production.
I would just think it would help narrow down the range of choices and everyone would get a say without feeling that their favorite class of vessel was left out because there was no capital ship category.

I heartily second that. It gives everyone two chances to influence the final decision, so if, for example, I wanted the Tiger's Claw and voted for it, but it lost out to the Concordia, which I think is butt ugly (sorry!), I'd vote for the top fighter instead.

(And if the top fighter was an Arrow, I'd just go off and sulk. :p)

I'd love to have an Excalibur MkI in the Kilrathi war paint scheme. I always thought it was one of the best looking fighters.

Reading through the thread:

Vampire
Concordia (I assume this means Confederation-Class, based on the next request)
Waterloo
Dralthi Mk. I
Excalibur
Tiger's Claw

What else do we need to throw in this poll?

Victory
Vesuvius
Dragon
Midway

But I still think it should be two polls, one for fighters and one for capships.

If we up the options too far for the sake of completeness, this is going to get way out of hand. I'd rather have five of the most popular ships, fighter or otherwise, polled rather than spreading votes around a bunch of ships.

Having done this before, I can virtually guarantee that many folks who say they'll buy will opt out, forcing somebody to eat some cost. A way to guarantee that is to open the options too far. We've seen the Vampire, which raised interest, and we know Alfred has already made one. My gut feeling is to go with that, but I do want to make it a community decision.

Let's just not go crazy with the options, okay?

Fighters:

Vampire
Excal (my favorite)
Dralthi (I or IV)
Dragon
Rapier II

Cap Ships:

TCS Tiger's Claw (My favorite)
TCS Concordia
Hakaga class carrier
Snakier class carrier
BWS Intrepid

What do you think?

I personally like Houkiboshi's poll setup. Good range of fighters from multiple eras there and the same for the capital ships. Again though, I'll take any WC model I can get my hands on up to and including garbage scows. If time is an issue or just to keep it simple I vote for the Vampire.

Back