The Star Citizen Organization WCCIC

I like the idea of one just like the cover of Victory Streak. It's simple and could work for both. We just need someone to make a nice one. I was thinking sharp like bob's confed star flag you posted earlier.

Streakco.jpg

EDIT: I quickly edited the star from the above image just to see how it would look. I'm going to publish it so everyone can see. I think a properly done one will look really sharp!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something I can do. Woo! Just give me a weekend... I've only just skim-read this post, I did volunteer to do this AGES ago and totally forgot about it. Give me a chance to read through properly and I will throw up a few designs and see what y'all think.

That's fine.

I changed a few settings on the page. Let me know what everyone thinks.

I'm also playing on logging some Arena Commander MP time this weekend. So, if anyone is around drop into the org channel on RSI or #wingnut on our IRC server.

In a word...

Wicked :cool:.

Loving the changes, feels like a summer house for the CIC vets with the excellent motif. Now all we need is a Vacuum Breather's Bar on Luna in game. :D

Fellow 'nuts and citizens, can somebody correct that typo in the history section: "The Wing Commander Combat Information Combat..."
Otherwise, it starts to look good. Just needs a SC-fiction tie-in somewhere.

Was creating logo trying to make it look 3d. Then I thought "Hey, why don't I just make it in 3d?" Duh. Forgive the crappy res.

Logo_quickrender1.jpg

Just a quick render. Materials not set up and not lit in a pretty way.

Fellow 'nuts and citizens, can somebody correct that typo in the history section: "The Wing Commander Combat Information Combat..."
Otherwise, it starts to look good. Just needs a SC-fiction tie-in somewhere.

Fixed.

WOJO, I think simple is better in this case. I really like the original VS form, it just looks ehh because I ripped it from the PDF cover of Victory Streak. I think a nice sharp version of that would be great.

I can make any res you like... Trying to get a better gold texture too. Also the camera is a bit screwy. But getting there! Can make transparent too (instead of black background) so you can layer it over any image.

Logo_quickrender2.png

I can make any res you like... Trying to get a better gold texture too. Also the camera is a bit screwy. But getting there! Can make transparent too (instead of black background) so you can layer it over any image.

Logo_quickrender2.png
That's a good looking logo. Being Nit picky the point needs to be higher than the star and maybe a bit wider, if it was to closely resemble the original image. Overall it looks pretty slick.

That's nice! How about changing the star's color to more closely match the Victory Streak one? I think keeping it close to that original would be best.

A couple of fixes. And the funky 3d version. I'm still not happy with the gold - not reflecting quite right (or at all it seems). Might have to get technical (=time I don't have right now).

Anything else?

Logo_quickrender3.png
Logo_quickrender3_or.png

Making the stars a bit darker might help.

Maybe only one shade darker. I kind of like the color since it feels closest to Victory Streak. I agree on the gold. More matte and less luster, but you're on the right track. As it is it feels similar to a cast coin.

I like where this is going. Keep up the good work!

I like it. I think it's also the first time I have come across the ConFed Oath. :D

I always thought that the Confederation Oath of Service (and it's lesser known sibling, Wing Commander Academy's Wingman's Creed) were a bit awkward for their purpose. I have to imagine that if we needed them on Star Citizen today, we'd actually hire a poet. :)

The strangest thing, though, is the cover of the Confederation Handbook. In letters larger than any other call out, it promises you that it INCLUDES THE CONFEDERATION OATH OF SERVICE. Which is odd for two reasons:

1) Who cares? The Confederation Oath of Service isn't especially interesting, and it certainly isn't a reason anyone, ever would pick up a book to purchase after seeing it on the shelf.

2) The book does not include the Confederation Oath of Service.

I agree that the Oath of Service isn't very inspiring but the Wingman's Creed is downright cringeworthy IMHO.

I like the new changes on the organization but I still think we should put more emphasis on that "we" got the Bengal carrier first. And while Howard's image is beautiful you don't see much of the Claw.

Back