The Soaks Pistols!!!

Youngblood

Rear Admiral
While reading trough a newspaper here in the U.K i came across an article about a super soaker collector across the pond in the states unfortunately I dont have a scanner but the picture shows are very own Chris Reid with his huge collection!!! the write up titled the soaks pistols has this to say!

" Water-fight fan Chris Reid is ready for drench warfare as he shows off his world-beating collection of "supersoakers". Chris 25, who began hoarding the heavy artillery of the water pistol world aged 8 now has an arsenal of more than 300. The aerospace engineer admits splashing out a fortune since getting his first one as a present from his gran He said yesterday: "people say its crazy to spendo much. Ive slowly picked up more rare older designs on ebay over the years". HIs pride and joy is a coveted ten-year old model. Chris below of seattle grinned: "Ive only seen one for sale before and it went for several hundred dollars"

As i said before I dont have a scanner so I cant get the picture up! no mention of the CIC though!

Did this appear in a local paper or one of the national broadsheets or tabloids? Most of the national papers dual publish content on their websites and quite a few now produce identical electronic versions too, such as happens with the Guardian, Daily Telegraph, etc, so there could be a version of the article online somewhere.

While reading trough a newspaper here in the U.K i came across an article about a super soaker collector across the pond in the states unfortunately I dont have a scanner but the picture shows are very own Chris Reid with his huge collection!

Which paper and what was the date on it?

Sorry forgot to add that it is the sun newspaper dated 12th December which is a national paper here is a picture i took on my phone im afraid its not to good

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 195
As would I maybe he can shed some light on it

Hehe, that's awesome. Thanks as lot for finding that. A reporter from the UK saw the pictures somewhere online a little while ago, and he contacted the CIC for my email address. I talked to him briefly, but didn't hear back about if/when the article would actually be published. Neato.

This seems to be the same picture as the one in the newspaper. They don't say very kind things about you, Chris. :( But then, I suppose you're made of thicker skin than I am.

Kris noticed that one when it went up. It's mostly the same set of replies that usually come up. Some of them are pretty funny. I like the "Hey, it's that guy from the Wing Commander website" ones. One of these days I'll get around to updating my page with a new count and photo of the newspaper article. I didn't even know what newspaper the guy worked for until now. I just figured it was like a small local thing or school paper.

haha!! I love the "Supersoak that OOHH" comment...

way to bring everything back to modern hip hop culture...:D

That's seriously one kick-ass supersoaker collection. I have to ask which one you think is your favorite? Maybe there are a few...one is easier to use, one has better style, etc. The people want to know!

Chris, when I was a little kid, I remember there being this Super Soaker bow and arrow kind of thing. I never got it (my parents refused to by them for us because they thought it was overkill for a squirt gun), but I've always wondered...just how did that thing work?

Back