The sky is falling...

I am seeing outer space....wait a minute if I look out the window I can see other space as well....since its night time in here...

I really doubt that since I am in europe but if I see it coming down in here I am sure to run for the hill :)

Wait, you should run for the cellar the hill would put you closer to it's orbit. I jus' hope it hits that Taco Bell sign :D woohoo free tacos!

I wouldnt doubt there will be someone that was out there, collecting debris, then show up on ebay with it. That makes as much sense as the people selling debris from the Seattle Washington earthquake! :rolleyes: Too bad there wasnt as much interest and hoopla when SkyLab came down. Wonder what it will be like when its time for the International Space Station to face the same fate. Think there will be a new WC game by then? :D

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns
I wouldnt doubt there will be someone that was out there, collecting debris, then show up on ebay with it. That makes as much sense as the people selling debris from the Seattle Washington earthquake! :rolleyes: Too bad there wasnt as much interest and hoopla when SkyLab came down. Wonder what it will be like when its time for the International Space Station to face the same fate. Think there will be a new WC game by then? :D

RFBurns

when i win the lottery i will buy the rights for wing commander and have a new game made. deal?

Sounds good to me! Im shure many here would agree with that. But now that the head idiot (or now former head idiot) is out of the mix up there, maybe they will finally pay attention to us and begin working on a new WC game. Its long long long overdue.

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns
Too bad there wasnt as much interest and hoopla when SkyLab came down.

How extremely self centred of you. Where do you live? US? Europe? Obviously not in Western Australia, where it HIT! Bloody Americans and their useless self centred technology! :)

Actually, to be quite honest, I do take exception to that comment. :) I believe there was quite a hoopla about it here when it did come down.

What I meant by "hoopla" was there was no fast food place that put up a 40x40 foot bullseye and offer everyone free food if it hit it! That by the way was a billion to one chance it (MIR) would have hit that thing. But hey, now that there is an International station, perhaps when it is time to come down, they will break it apart and let each piece that was built in its origin country fall on that country! :D Dont worry, no one will be left out!!

RFBurns

I wonder why all these people on the news are acting depressed that a "chapter of history" has ended -- why didn't anybody cry when the Russians went through like a million Salyuts <G>?

Anyone see that thing on FOX network about the moon landings? They showed alot of evidence that we (US) never went, then they said just point a telescope towards the moon to see if the lander base and rover cars are still there, which would prove it without a doubt we did land on the moon, so why dont they point ol Hubble and find out? IMO, and with the way the US Government lies about everything and tries to cover up everything, I wouldnt doubt they fooled the whole world. And if its true, no wonder Area 51 is so heavily guarded. I would bet they are preparing it so they can fool us again with the planned Mars mission in 2005. Passing thru that radiation belt 500 miles up would require 6 foot thick lead hulls on the spacecraft. It amazes me the Voyager probes got thru ok as well as the other probes we sent to explore the solar system. And we (US) never went back to the moon, nor are there any plans to go back (why). Wonder what they (Gov & NASA) would do when the Japaneese launch a probe that will take close up pictures of the surface of the moon in 2 years. Im shure the US Gov and NASA will have their fingers in it and prevent us from knowing the truth. More lies! :(

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-23-2001 at 14:14]

Hey Im not the one who gathered all that info up and put it on tv! I find it hard to believe myself, but you cant just ignore it when half of the NASA community and some of the astronauts say the same thing! There was a time when if you said that Area 51 harbors alien craft, people would say youre crazy also. Its easy to go along with what big brother says when they say something enough times, it almost becomes "programmed" into the mind. Tell a lie long enough, people begin to believe that lie. I say point Hubble towards the moon, shoot some pics and see if there are those things left on the surface. Simple way to prove we were there. But like I stated, I didnt put all that on the tv. Im just pointing out that it very well could be possible. That was a time of hot and heavy contests with the Soviet Union during the hight of the cold war. And the way the Soviets were beating the US in space technology, we (US) were desperate to catch up and beat them. Its 50/50 that we did go or didnt. The US Gov lied about Desert Storm and the illnesses of our troops. Then finally tell the truth several years later. How many more lies are they feeding us. I for one never judge a book by its cover before reading it. But view the show and judge for yourself. It had some pretty damming evidence that it was faked. And back then, they had a motto, "if you cant make it, fake it"

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-23-2001 at 14:32]

Back