The return of the Ralatha

Lynx

Spaceman
Here's our retextured Ralatha. Let me know what do you think about this texture style.:)

Attachments

• Ralatha_above.jpg
    Ralatha_above.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Ralatha_side.jpg
    Ralatha_side.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Ralatha_perspective.jpg
    Ralatha_perspective.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 199
they were not cartoonish, but they were very low res...

again, great job...

See you all in three weeks.

Tolwyn out

Well, I like it much better than my old crappy untextured Ralatha, that's for sure :p I kind of like Eder's one more though, brighter and more attractive.

Bob McDob said:
Well, I like it much better than my old crappy untextured Ralatha, that's for sure :p I kind of like Eder's one more though, brighter and more attractive.

In fact, it's brighter than on the screenies. for some odd reason, the Screenshots taken out of modelview are darker and have more contrast sometimes...

BTW here is the near-finished Fraltha-class retexture. How do you like it? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Fraltha_side.jpg
    Fraltha_side.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Fraltha_above.jpg
    Fraltha_above.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Fraltha_perspective.jpg
    Fraltha_perspective.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 149
Bob McDob said:

Same here. Lynx, your work sucks. I hate your stuff. Eder is much better then yours, and because of this, your work is going to make this mod suck ass.

In fact, seeing these textures have gotten me angry, I'm taking to the streets and gathering up my friends.

protestsuck.jpg

Btw, what I just said above was a complete mockery. Those are really cool renderings.

Here are some ingame shots, showing off the new specular mapping. Too bad, the new exe isn't bugfree enough too let me run the missions and take the screenies from there, so I had to take the screenies in the techroom, so they are relatively small, so I made a compilation pic with three different views of it.

Attachments

• Frathra_awesome1.jpg
    Frathra_awesome1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Ralatha_awesome1.jpg
    Ralatha_awesome1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 152
Here's a WIP shot of our WC3 style Confederation-class dreadnought. How do you like this style?

Attachments

• Confederation.jpg
    Confederation.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 197
Definitely fits the boring grey era of WC3 ships, although it seems odd because Confederation carriers are newer, IIRC.

The specular lighting effects make the ships look much nicer, BTW.

It looks nice, but it just begs me to ask "what ship is that?"
I certainly hope you guys aren't putting a blue-and-gray Concordia in the game... it's not like we need *another* version of a "Concordia" in WC.

Maybe I should make the blue parts blue-greenish. I want to have a common style for our ships; it's bluish-grey. And it would almost certainly not be the TCS Concordia in the game, but another Confederation Class.

And why shouldn't we include a WC3 style Confederation class? Look what you did to the Concordia-class fleet carriers to fit them into Standoff! :p

Keeping blue is good as it is, because it keeps in line with the 2669-era paintjob ConFleet's been giving to their capital ships.

Lynx said:
Maybe I should make the blue parts blue-greenish. I want to have a common style for our ships; it's bluish-grey.
Actually, I don't think that'd work, it'd end up looking nothing like WC2 or WC3... If you want my opinion, at least for the WC1/2 ships, get rid of the green but keep the other colors in: for example, replace the green parts with dark grey and blue (or whatever floats your boat) on the Confederation-class, but leave all the red details red, all the yellow details yellow, all the grey details grey (in a different shade than the one you used to replace the green), etc. Start by losing those black stripes on the front section of the ship, make them red... or at least a very dark and unsaturated red.

Lynx said:
And it would almost certainly not be the TCS Concordia in the game, but another Confederation Class.
Good... I'd hate to see you guys come up with some explanation as to why Confed gave the Concordia a new paintjob before sending it to some backwater sector where it spent it's final days. I mean, why would they waste money on paint, of all things, if the carrier's not even gonna make front page on the newspapers anymore? :p

Lynx said:
Look what you did to the Concordia-class fleet carriers to fit them into Standoff!
Ahh, but I have a good excuse! :p The Lexington was torpedoed beyond recognition during the BoT (and you'll all be able to get a exclusive depiction of this in Standoff ;)), as were all other Concordia-class carriers which were present... except for the Saratoga, but we never see the Saratoga after that, so it might well have remained with the green paintjob for the rest of its service time. We only see the Lexington and the Princeton afterwards: the Princeton wasn't at the BoT, and the Lexington most certainly needed a new paintjob after that event :D

The TCS Saratoga was part of the Terran Defense Fleet, as seen in the WC3 Victory Streak. Only in the Terran Defense Fleet will the Saratoga have had time to attend the Annual Flight Competition, in spite of all the battle that's been going on in the front during 2669. It is my guess when she was being repaired (she most likely took some hits during the Battle of Earth) and refitted to rejoin the Fleet, she also got that ultra- cool (extreme sarcasm) blue/grey paintjob.

Other vessels in the Defense Fleet was the TCS Armageddon, TCS Kennedy, TCS Lincoln, and TCS Centurion (but this was a heavy cruiser, not a carrier).

Hey psych, do you know any (canon) Waterloo-class or unknown class cruisers which were around during the BoT? The Reims is starting to feel lonely in Standoff, and I'd like to include any possible canon names before making stuff up, but FA is very thin on cruiser names.

Eder said:
Actually, I don't think that'd work, it'd end up looking nothing like WC2 or WC3... If you want my opinion, at least for the WC1/2 ships, get rid of the green but keep the other colors in: for example, replace the green parts with dark grey and blue (or whatever floats your boat) on the Confederation-class, but leave all the red details red, all the yellow details yellow, all the grey details grey (in a different shade than the one you used to replace the green), etc. Start by losing those black stripes on the front section of the ship, make them red... or at least a very dark and unsaturated red.

Good... I'd hate to see you guys come up with some explanation as to why Confed gave the Concordia a new paintjob before sending it to some backwater sector where it spent it's final days. I mean, why would they waste money on paint, of all things, if the carrier's not even gonna make front page on the newspapers anymore? :p

Why not a new paintjob? The PTC is said to be very unstable. We could always argue that half of the ship was blown off during a malfunction. That ship would desperately need a new paintjob. :D

I'll try your suggestion with the red thingies out, maybe it looks better.

Eder said:
Hey psych, do you know any (canon) Waterloo-class or unknown class cruisers which were around during the BoT? The Reims is starting to feel lonely in Standoff, and I'd like to include any possible canon names before making stuff up, but FA is very thin on cruiser names.

You have a point, there's very few canon cruiser names. We see the Agincourt in WC2, but she was most likely blown to hell in between WC2 and WC3, which is why we see a Tallahassee-class cruiser renamed the Agincourt in the WC card game. In the WC4 novel, Maniac flew a Rapier that still had the markings of the cruiser TCS Caledonia. Jesse Dulvaney, the Lexington's WC who Blair replaced in the WC4 novel, flew Hellcats from the TCS Bainbridge, but I think she was a Tallahassee-class ship. And of course, you got the Centurion, which obviously survived the Battle of Earth.

Also, the flagship of the 3rd Fleet in the WC4 novel was the TCS Euralius. I'm guessing she was some sort of heavy cruiser. She was certainly not a fleet carrier, because Blair torpedoed the Lexington, and the 3rd Fleet Commander Admiral Petranova was throwing a "ring tailed fit over the loss of her sole fleet carrier". The WC4 novel also mentioned the TCS Achilles and TCS Agamemnon, both were heavy cruisers.

But we considering we know the names Waterloo and Agincourt, we can assume that some ships were named after European medieval battles. One name might be Crecy (where the English kicked the French with longbows), you probaly want to do more research for more names. And from the Gettysburg, we can also assume there were some ships that were named after Civil War battles. Some names might be Vicksburg (rhymes with Gettysburg :D ), Shiloh, and Antietam.

Back