The Proper Remake?

Improve base handling. The original privateer base interface was MUCH smoother than the mission/loadout/shipyard interface in the game now. More audio/visual feedback for actions, at the very least.

I hope I can remember the original correctly. First of all, when you're not locked onto a target, the system should automatically target any ship that passes close enough to the crosshairs. When you're locked onto a target, manually switching to another target, that should already be locked. Currently you always lose the lock when you switch to another target.

Personally I think there should be two versions of Privateer.

One with the improved features found in version 1.0.

The second version will be close to the original as possible.

That way both parties for and against the changes will be happy.

yes this is the plan... 1.1 will be released with a few fixes/touchups and some things that were fairly universally disliked like the shelton slide and the overpowerful demons removed.

Then John here will release a fidelity build with everything as close to the original as possible... meaning that the demon will not even be purchasable and so forth

Speaking of the Demon, instead of super-nerfing them, would it be possible to make two versions? One as they are in the Remake now (Mark 2, or Super Demon maybe, and make them REALLY expensive, on the order of 500,000 maybe) and one as they should be? I really, REALLY like how the Demon flies right now, though admittedly it DOES make the Palan missions annoyingly impossible. (I managed Oxford 3 on Medium by the width of a hair, but can barely get past the first round of Demons on Palan 1.)

When you reload or restart or die, the game should start new completly.
It si so anoying when you get killed, for example in a bounty mission, you restart the game and you find your ships loading from the first try. even worse: you will find the enemy ships that survived from your first try plus the enemy ships from this try.
So with every try there are more and more enemy ships and your chances to defeat them decline...
The only why to get out of this is to shut the game down and restart... and this sucks...

You can change your name in vegastrike.config. A GUI for it would be nice, but far too much work for what it's worth.

Back