The Office

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
Has anyone seen this incredible show? When I once had cable, I remember seeing previews for it on the BBC and it looked quite interesting. And so this weekend I watched it on DVD and was really impressed by it. It's obviously very funny the way they present the material in this documentary sort of style. And there are also moments where you just cringe because that boss of theirs will be telling a terrible joke and no one is laughing but the boss still thinks he's funny.

The best moments of this show are truly when you are mortified at something someone is doing in it and you're embarrased just watch it. I truly wish there were more shows like this around. I've seen lots of junk on the BBC. Probably even more on U.S. television. This, however, is definately one of those exceptional shows. I just finished the first season and now I'll be watching the second this coming week.

Yeh, The Office is really really funny :D I love the way it is presented lol, just thinking about it makes me laugh, I would recommend it to any fan of comedy :cool:

Well I just watched the second season. Man it was so tense. The problem with David Brent is not just that he's a goof off and is unfunny, but he must seriously have a bad personality disorder.

The scene where David starts dancing in the office to try and show up his new boss, good lord! I had to eventually close my eyes because I wanted him to stop so bad. It is just so hard to believe that he doesn't know the way he's acting and that no one around him appreciates it.

Another thing I don't understand about the show, maybe you could explain this to me being from Britain and all, but some of the things those men say to the women in the office are astounding. Where I come from, in the office or any other workplace you couldn't say a quarter of the bad things they say to women and get away with it. I know the UK is less neurotic about sex than the US is, but did sexual harrassment suits never catch on in Britain?

After the first two episodes of the second season I just wanted David Brent to kind of fade into the background and feature the other characters more. But he was always in at least half of the episode.

Gareth is another character that can be unbearable to watch. God, when he tries to flirt with women, how could you be so stupid and ignorant? Obviously Tim's character is the one the audience is supposed to relate to the most. Since he's the most sensible and sensitive one in the show.

At any rate, I still haven't seen those last special episodes so I gotta check those out. But I love this show and I wish I had seen them earlier.

Shipgate said:
At any rate, I still haven't seen those last special episodes so I gotta check those out. But I love this show and I wish I had seen them earlier.

Your in for a treat ;)

Back