The Matrix Revolutions

cff said:
In a certain way I'd also compare Revolutions to Odysee 2001 here. Without reading the book and/or in depth knowledge of eastern religions at least the last third of the movie made little to no sense and had only few depth.

Wait, you didn't understand the end of 2001? You OBVIOUSLY weren't on enough acid.

cff said:
In a certain way I'd also compare Revolutions to Odysee 2001 here. Without reading the book and/or in depth knowledge of eastern religions at least the last third of the movie made little to no sense and had only few depth.

2001 is perfectly explainable. So is Reloaded/Revolutions if you do some digging. Could it be that you're too stupid or too slothful to actually think?

Mav23 said:
Wait, you didn't understand the end of 2001? You OBVIOUSLY weren't on enough acid.

LOL. OMG - you are right ;-)

LeHah said:
2001 is perfectly explainable.

But not from the material that is provided in the movie alone. If you watch the far worse 2010, then yes you'll get 2001.

LeHah said:
So is Reloaded

I never said I disliked Reloaded. I actually would completely agree to all points you brough up with Revolutions if you had talked about Reloaded. The depth was there, but sometimes hard to see. Too hard for many as it seems, because it had so many people complaining about the lack of depth as well. My only problem with Reloaded was that it was badly paced ("30 mins boredom, then 2 hours matrix action without time to berath"). Now if they had put Reloaded and Revolutions together and cut it differently that could have improved the whole thing tremendously (basically give Reloaded more real world scenes and Revolutions more matrix scenes).

LeHah said:
Revolutions if you do some digging. Could it be that you're too stupid or too slothful to actually think?

The opposite. I am not stupid enough to just say "aaaah big bangs - cool movie - drool". And I still have to see one single post on any Matrix related discussion that talks about anything I didn't get when watching the movie besides eastereggs.

I think 2001 is, in Wing Commander terminology, a Scimitar Situation - everyone says it makes no sense, so everyone assumes it makes no sense.

You can figure out the ending to 2001 without even watching to the psychadelic hippy stuff... since the movie is three identical segments.

That's basicly it. All three of the stories follow the same progression. Hell, you could even take out the middle one (The finding of the Monolith on the Moon) and still come to the exact same conclusion.

I get 2001 and Reloaded, but I still don't like either of them. To be honest, the first time I saw 2001 I didn't get it, but after watching it another time and reading the book I was able to put it all together. Still, I don't like it.

One can understand Revolutions and 2001 and still don't like them.

What is really annoyng is that "Ohh you don't like __________ because you didn't understand how great it was" kind of argumentation.

Specially when it's so common for people to enjoy movies that they don't really understand.

dextorboot said:
I get 2001 and Reloaded, but I still don't like either of them. To be honest, the first time I saw 2001 I didn't get it, but after watching it another time and reading the book I was able to put it all together. Still, I don't like it.

The book and the movie end totally differently. (Kubrick omitted the nuclear explosions for fear of being compared to the end of his previous film Dr Strangelove)

That doesn't sit right with me - given that the book was adapted from the script and not vice versa. Are you sure you're not thinking of removing the Discovery's nuclear-explosion-powered drive to prevent confusing the audience?

No, it was something Kubrick and Clarke apparently didn't agree on.

"The screenplay was written primarily by Kubrick and the novel primarily by Clarke, each working simultaneously and also providing feedback to the other. As the story went through many revisions, changes in the novel were taken over into the screenplay and vice versa. It was also unclear whether film or novel would be released first; in the end it was the film. Kubrick was to have been credited as second author of the novel, but in the end was not. It is believed that Kubrick deliberately withheld his approval of the novel as to not hurt the release of the film."

-Taken from IMDB with a grain of salt

If you guys are interested in 2001 movie/book trivia, Clarke did a book entitled "Lost Worlds of 2001" back in the 70s, which is a chronicle of making the book and the movie at the same time. It's hard to find, but you can see snippets on 2001 fan sites.

I thought all 3 matrixs were awsome , after watching all three the first
one seemed the worst out of all of them with two and three pretty much
tieing it up for awsomeness :)
The action was incredible in 2 and 3 especially the Zion fight and the last
fight with Smith and Neo was stunning :)

well thats my spiel :)

lates boys :)

I'm not saying I'm right with the 2001 thing, I'm just reiterating what I've heard over the years.

LeHah said:
The book and the movie end totally differently.

The ending to a movie isn't always the confusing part. For me at least, it's easier to "get" an ending if you can get the rest of a movie.

Well at least it HAD an ending, unlike a recent dinosaur flick I saw. (And by resent I mean two years ago, but whatever.)

Mav23 said:
Well at least it HAD an ending, unlike a recent dinosaur flick I saw. (And by resent I mean two years ago, but whatever.)

...Are you bringing Jurassic Park III into the mix?

ewll, this thread is encouraging me to say some pretty stupid things, but fortunately, my girlfriend has volunteered to stand behind me with a baseball bat as a form of stupid-guard.

Moving right along, I saw it for the first time sober. I saw it for the second time so drunk I had to be half-carried into the theatre...I was nearly incapable of walking without assistance. Both times I wanted to stand up during the Smith-Neo fight and yell, "Go Goku! Kick Cell's Ass!"

(I don't know anything about DBZ, so if the character names are wrong, I don't care. but thanks for noticing! :))

If you don't know anything about DBZ then why would you want to yell "Go Goku" during the Neo/Smith fight? :confused:

Back