The Matrix Revolutions

Wow. I don't know how to respond to that post. Shock, awe and absolute wonder in it's forming of thoughts in the English language come to mind.

Wow.

Tetris Ling said:
The main problems with Matrix 3 was that, halfway through the movie, it completely drifted away from what the Matrix movies did best: The Matrix. The battle for Zion was all well and good, but it dragged on and on and on and on (and on and on) when, in the long run, it was a rather insignifigant place to be spending time. I would have much rather spent the time watching the Matrix disintigrate from the inside, and event that got far too little screentime. I even thought the Neo/Smith fight was too short, or too rushed.

Also, it has the worst deus ex machina ending I have seen since Jurrasic Park 3. I'm not talking about the "Not Resolving Anything" part. I'm talking about the silly, unwarrented, and downright goofy bit after the "Not Resolving Anything" part. Those two minutes to more to undermine the movie than just about anything that came before.

Well, let's consider why the latter half dealt with the "real" world, rather than the Matrix. There was no reason to be in the Matrix, at that point. The machines were attacking Zion, in the "real" world. Hanging out in the Matrix would only... allow the machines to march into Zion. Walking around the Matrix and being "cool" and doing crazy tricks was moot. Every able human had to be available to defend Zion. Also, the Matrix wasn't exactly a (relatively) safe place, anymore. Smith had assimilated everybody in the Matrix. He was everywhere, leaving no where to hide.

As for the ending... well... how else did you expect it to end!?

Now, I'm not saying that the battle in Zion shouldn't have taken place. I'm simply saying it shouldn't have taken 45 odd minutes. There just wasn't enough happening to justify that much screen time. I would have loved to watch as, say, different parts of the Matrix began to shut down, or malfunction. But the fact of the matter is, the battle in Zion was pointless. It was, as the Merovingian would say, and effect, not a cause. Nothing came of the battle in Zion. Whether or not the battle was shown onscreen, nothing was added or detracted from the movie because of it.

As for the ending, I expected something other than a reboot and a pathetic "OK, we'll stop fighting now"

But that's just me.

-Tetris Ling

Col.Dom said:
As for the ending... well... how else did you expect it to end!?

Well actually, I had my fingers crossed that the end shot would be of Neo as an Agent. I just thought that would be a cool way to loop it around.... I was really hoping they would do that and instead I got a crappy sunrise and gospel music blaring in the background.

Starkey said:
She also kisses Ghost and Niobe :confused: in Enter the Matrix.

I know. Haven't played it tho as I don't have the gear to run it (650 Mhz and only 10 GB in 5 * FAT16 HDs makes it kinda difficult)

Starkey said:
Will they release additional material (i.e. another game or Animatrix II) to explain the story?

Well there will be matrix online. There also will be a game (rumoured) that shows how Seraph and the Merovingian parted their ways and. There won't be a Matrix#4.

LeHah said:
Theres a lot more to Reloaded if you take your time and look.

Like?

LeHah said:
As for Persephone, the story is she was the wife of Hades (if you don't know who Hades is, I'm not talking to you) and in a fit of PMS over her marriage her mother Demeter split the seasons. When Persephone was with her husband, bitter winter was given to Man; when she was freed, we got spring. We could also make a safe judgement on this as her personality: very sexual but very cold about it.

So? I mean most of the names got a meaning in various mythology. But that doesn't really do anything for the movie IMHO. The character was just completely wasted.

LeHah said:
All we know is that Revolutions was left open-ended in that fashion due to the MMPORPG in development, which if you ask me, is really goddamned silly to do.

I really don't think the movie was changed in any way to cater to the game.. It'd be pretty easy to make a Matrix online game no matter how Revolutions ended.

Revolutions, in my opinion, was so much better than Reloaded. Reloaded was just littered with action scenes that didn't progress the plot, but in Revolutions, for instance, the battle for Zion was awesome! That actually had something to do with the plot.

(Seeing all those sentinels move like fish was pretty funny, when those millions flew into it, the whole theater went "Whoa!")

10 minutes for tighting boots - a poor demonstration of piety, Trinity?

Imho, Matrix³ was one of the most senseless movie I ever saw.
The scenario was very inplausible (machines feel more superior than their human constructors/creators, but in fact, they cant' even "better" as them [their motivations for example - I don't mean their production efficiency or computer intellect] - and they have the same behavior like the humans [like the droids in StarWars] - AND the MachineVSHumans Story in a such an unoriginally way wasn't very new).
But, I must admit, that the computer rendered effects was state of the art and highly detailed. Like the battle scenes. :D

Only my point of view. But the movie couldn't disappoint my expectations, because the story has reached its potential limit with the first movie.

Malash, the grammar barbarian hash spokan!

neo isn't dead, if you watched the film revolutions, the scene where smith goes "I win, I was standing here, you were lying there and then I said... every beginning has an ending" - or something like that, that line was from the ORACLE, meaning that somehow at least a part of her survived inside smith, knowing this neo knew that he'd survive if he entered smith, and would be able to destroy smith. Other than that, the film was pretty crap, smith is dead, and peace... who gives a flying fuck?

Darkmage said:
neo isn't dead, if you watched the film revolutions, the scene where smith goes "I win, I was standing here, you were lying there and then I said... every beginning has an ending" - or something like that, that line was from the ORACLE, meaning that somehow at least a part of her survived inside smith, knowing this neo knew that he'd survive if he entered smith, and would be able to destroy smith.

There is one flaw in that logic: While all survived the assimilation by Smith it is different for Neo. Neo and Smith had been like matter and antimatter. So it is very much possible they anihilated each other. Was it that way? Dunno. As I won't watch any Matrix stuff again (except the original) I also don't really care.

ChrisReid said:
I really don't think the movie was changed in any way to cater to the game.. It'd be pretty easy to make a Matrix online game no matter how Revolutions ended.

Oh, no, I agree with you completely. I'm just saying that the movie was open ended to allow a more obvious lead-in to the game, thats all.

cff said:

Between both of your replies to me, I thought long and hard to come up with a proper response and then remembered the character of Kosinski from Star Trek TNG who was probably the most annoying asshole in the first season, outside of Wesley. So, just to annoy you, I'm going to quote him instead of wasting my time coming up with some kind of wit that you won't get:

"I'm saying I'm not a teacher, and don't want to become one. I have neither the inclination nor time."

LeHah said:
Between both of your replies to me, I thought long and hard to come up with a proper response and then remembered the character of Kosinski from Star Trek TNG who was probably the most annoying asshole in the first season, outside of Wesley. So, just to annoy you, I'm going to quote him instead of wasting my time coming up with some kind of wit that you won't get:

What a cheap response.
I'll take that as a "I am a fanboy and simply liked the movie because it was labelled matrix, but I cannot tell you one single reason why"
Note I don't say that the visuals hadn't been great, especially the mechs, but for me this doesn't make a good movie. Not one bit. Take for example one of the most simplicistic movies of all times in regards of set: The Cube. Awesome movie even if the visuals aren't that appealing.
Also note that I maybe would have enjoyed Revolutions more (it still wouldn't be good however) if it wasn't a matrix movie. One of my complaints is that it felt unmatrixish (same complaint I have for Star Wars Episode 2 BTW - not a bad movie per se, but doesn't have the SW mood IMHO).

Hey, men!!! look at yourselfs. You say that the film was bad, you didnt like it. Then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WRITING letters to this thread that could fill whole books??? I tell you why. Because the film was made this way, just to make the most of the people care about it even after they walk out from the cinema.

Oh, BTW: you all get it wrong: try to watch the Revolutions and Reloaded with the tought: they are ALL (Neo, Morpheus, Smith..) just AI. You've been betrayed. There aint no human heroes, there is no war between the robots and human. There was a war, but it ended with the humans enslaveing the AI into a Big Matrix, where it could belive that it won the battle against humanity.

Well, birds sing that this was the Watchowski brothers original concept, but Holywood simply didnt like it. Just look a the animatrix part where the robot! librarian tells the story of the war... neo is just an AI as everyone else, thats why he could destroy th erobots in the 'real world'... and so on. With this, the last scene makes sense (Girl, Architect, Oracle).

I'm never posting in this thread again. My braine cels diie ever y tiem i came bak here.,

lorddarthvik said:
Hey, men!!! look at yourselfs. You say that the film was bad, you didnt like it. Then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WRITING letters to this thread that could fill whole books??? I tell you why. Because the film was made this way, just to make the most of the people care about it even after they walk out from the cinema.
AAAAND the winner is......
lorddarthvik

Geez - I was wondering how long it took for that argument to come up again. That is the same mindset that has people stop voting. Sides if you learnt typing with all you 10 fingers you'd realize that what you call "writing letters that could fill whole books" is a matter of less then 1 minute.

lorddarthvik said:
Oh, BTW: you all get it wrong: try to watch the Revolutions and Reloaded with the tought: they are ALL (Neo, Morpheus, Smith..) just AI. You've been betrayed. There aint no human heroes, there is no war between the robots and human. There was a war, but it ended with the humans enslaveing the AI into a Big Matrix, where it could belive that it won the battle against humanity.
Well, birds sing that this was the Watchowski brothers original concept, but Holywood simply didnt like it. Just look a the animatrix part where the robot! librarian tells the story of the war... neo is just an AI as everyone else, thats why he could destroy th erobots in the 'real world'... and so on. With this, the last scene makes sense (Girl, Architect, Oracle).

Yeah - whatever.

That's an interessting point, lorddarthvik! After Reloaded we discussed that idea: What if Neo and all the others also were AI, that the "real world" was just another Matrix... that would explain why Neo is able to stop the robot-spiders....

The point why I didn't liked Revolution was that I saw so few of our heros.. we have a 45min battle with Commander Lock, General whatever and this stupid little Ammo-boy! Excuse me if I'm saying I found that very american.. Heros fighting without sense. - What abou the Matrix Crew?! Morpheus was just a Co-Pilot with no serious part in the whole film. And Trinity? She went with Neo only to die a very silly death. I two films Neo and Trinity died and were resurrected. And now she just dies because their ship crashed? Noooooo. Same with Neo... okay he ended the war - well he got an cease fire, but did he really change things? I'm not sure...

Excuse me if I'm saying I found that very american.. Heros fighting without sense.

I hear you, guy from the country responsible for World War II, fighting without sense is definately too American.

Damn Americans, ruining their Matrixes. And I heard, one time, an American made this really dry turkey sandwhich! When will the horrors cease?

Dreamer said:
That's an interessting point, lorddarthvik! After Reloaded we discussed that idea: What if Neo and all the others also were AI, that the "real world" was just another Matrix... that would explain why Neo is able to stop the robot-spiders....
It would also be the worst plot twist *ever*, and that includes all the awful plot twists that did appear in Reloaded. Once you go down that road, the whole thing becomes utterly pointless, and the audience would switch off. After all, if this second world turned out to be a fake, then the third can be a fake too. And if it's all fake, then none of it matters.

Oh Loaf! Come on! Me the guy from coutry that started WW2... what is that suppose to mean? Perhaps you misunderstood what I wanted to say... that following a hero in battle is something typical for american movies - I didn' wanted to offence any american. If I have done that, please accept my excueses.
But- do not bring me in touch with Nazi Germany, because I was born over 30 Yeras after it ended. If you do so, you offend me!

And I, as an American, have little to do with action sequences in movies. Do you see how generalizations can be offensive?

Back