The Iceman Maneuver?

IPhoenixI

Spaceman
In Prophecy, Casey mentions that Confed named a fighter maneuver after his father after he was killed. Are we ever told how it's executed? I'm only curious.

In WC1, Spirit tells you how in an asteroid field, Iceman will point his ship towards an asteroid and lure his target into chasing him. He'll charge the asteroid and veer off at the last moment, and a lot of times the pursuing ship won't veer off in time to avoid the asteroid.

FrostyNSO said:
In WC1, Spirit tells you how in an asteroid field, Iceman will point his ship towards an asteroid and lure his target into chasing him. He'll charge the asteroid and veer off at the last moment, and a lot of times the pursuing ship won't veer off in time to avoid the asteroid.

Hmmm, you know that does seem formillar, thanks. I forgot all about that. Wish I can replay WC1 again. :(

I wonder how well that maneuver would work in Privateer? :D

To comment on the original post, there's no specific maneuver linked to the Prophecy reference -- although the asteroid one is as good a guess as any.

Speaking of manouvers, how about the ones from the Privateer and Kilrathi Saga intros. (Where brownhair boomerangs the pirate's missile back into him, and where one of the ships outruns it's own missile).

Are they even possible within the Physics engines of the games? (I have major doubts about the latter one)

Bugrof PizzAnt said:
:p Walked right into that one.

It's a shame though. Wouldn't you love to pull the "Privateer Maneuver" off and admagine the face of a Retro that's stairing at their own missle flying right into them at the last moment?

That priv intro movie is full of shit, I wonder if that's just Brownhair's tall tale to impress chicks at the bar :)
Seriously, those talons were probably beat up already, they died even faster than usual.

Can you think of any game where anything is as tough in cutscenes as it is within the game engine itself?

(Although I have to say, I was always skeptical about the drone just happening to be lying in that particular asteroid field. "Of all the asteroid fields in all the systems in all the sectors. It was hybernating in mine.")

Edfilho said:
That priv intro movie is full of shit, I wonder if that's just Brownhair's tall tale to impress chicks at the bar :)
Seriously, those talons were probably beat up already, they died even faster than usual.

Heh. That movie was just there for entertainment, thats all

You gotta admit it looked cool. :)

Sure it looked cool. He WAS trying to pick up chicks, you know ;)
I'm not sure if it worked though, considering how many times he crashed and burned with the girls he met in the plot missions.

Edfilho said:
Sure it looked cool. He WAS trying to pick up chicks, you know ;)
I'm not sure if it worked though, considering how many times he crashed and burned with the girls he met in the plot missions.

Damn this really makes me want to play Privateer again.

Edfilho said:
Sure it looked cool. He WAS trying to pick up chicks, you know
I'm not sure if it worked though, considering how many times he crashed and burned with the girls he met in the plot missions. [/QUOTE

FrostyNSO said:
That dude in Priv2 picked up 2 or 3 chicks throughout the game. It pays to be the most badass pilot in the sector =)

(Giving in and continuing this "off-topicness") Now if you were a computer generated image and not a real person, you would have a hard time picking up chicks too.

IPhoenixI said:
(Giving in and continuing this "off-topicness") Now if you were a computer generated image and not a real person, you would have a hard time picking up chicks too.

Not if they were also computer generated images :)

Back