The Hha'ifra

Dareith

Spaceman
Someone brought up this ship over in the "Ships left out of the games thread", and I was wondering if anybody had information or ideas at to what kind of stats it had. Is is mentioned at all in the WC Bible, by any chance?

But is in the games nonetheless, and therefore exists. I think... and is only seen in one shot but may be cool to toy with anyway. :)

Yeah, I've seen it many times, but it always went by so quickly that I thought it was a Ralatha. :)

Anyways, I was thinking more along the lines of hashing out some stats for it, specifically its weaponry, armor, maneuverability and fighter complement. Partially for nostalgia's sake, but also because I've been working on implementing Wing Commander ships in a tabletop starship combat game called Babylon 5 Wars and I don't want to just pull the stats out of thin air.

Bandit LOAF said:
It shows up a bunch in WC2... whenever Thrakhath and Khasra get together. :)

So what was the deal with Khasra. First he tries to be a buddy with Thrakkath and overthrown the Emperor, then he tries to kill him. Well, such accidents are very common on their families.

I didn't know that Ralathas were only classified as destroyers, they were pretty tough. They seemed to be harder to beat than Fralthras.

Dareith said:
but also because I've been working on implementing Wing Commander ships in a tabletop starship combat game called Babylon 5 Wars and I don't want to just pull the stats out of thin air.

Umm... okay... :confused:

What I think he's saying is that he's trying to get WC ships into the system, not necessarily into the game universe. Like a mod (standoff), but for tabletop games.

is that the limit of our knowledge on this ship? it's ralatha shaped, but not one. It's got a big flight deck and one more engine than a ralatha. is there any data about what it could have been like when they wanted to use it for the wc2 end boss?

Chernikov's got it right on the money. My three biggest weaknesses are space sims, hex maps, and rolling buckets of dice. Combining Wing Commander ships with a decent tabletop wargame lets me combine all three of these vices. :) I also didn't want to just make up a bunch of crap about the ship's stats in case someone else had already put in a bunch of work on making a good interpretation of the Hha'ifra.

Does anybody happen to have a good picture of a front view of the ship? Since most of the information we have about it is in the WC2 fly-by cutscene it'd be nice to be able to see if there are any obvious turret barbettes that can't be seen from the side.

Dareith said:
Anyways, I was thinking more along the lines of hashing out some stats for it, specifically its weaponry, armor, maneuverability and fighter complement. Partially for nostalgia's sake, but also because I've been working on implementing Wing Commander ships in a tabletop starship combat game called Babylon 5 Wars and I don't want to just pull the stats out of thin air.

Hey neat, are you the guy that did the stats for the Connie?

And if anyone has views of the ship, it's either Johnny, LOAF or Hadrian, and LOAF's rendering program broke, and Johnny's busy, and Hadrian's dead. If you could find a free renderer for LOAF, it would help everyone out immensely.

Bob McDob said:
Hey neat, are you the guy that did the stats for the Connie?

And if anyone has views of the ship, it's either Johnny, LOAF or Hadrian, and LOAF's rendering program broke, and Johnny's busy, and Hadrian's dead. If you could find a free renderer for LOAF, it would help everyone out immensely.

I know which stats you're talking about but it's not mine. I looked around for it when I first started this project about a year ago, but it seems to have disappeared into the ether of the internet. I do have stats and ship control sheets done for most of the WC1, WC2, Privateer, and WC3 ships though. If you're interested in seeing them I've got them online at: http://students.washington.edu/gll

What exactly do you mean by a rendering program? If you can give me some examples of already existing ones then I'll go and see if I can find a free one somewhere.

Hey if my memories good (which it proably isn't :confused: ) isnt a pic of Thrakhaths flagship, or at least a concept of it, in the calendar that came with the Kilrathi Saga? my scanners dead but maybe some one else has a caopy

You're right. That's, if I remember correctly, a Rigakh class cruiser. Much the same as the flagship, although I imagine it being still further modified. Nice picture:

Attachments

• Rigakh.jpg
    Rigakh.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 272
Back