The Grass Is Always Greenscreener... (September 5, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Despite not being an avid magazine buyer, Wedge was searching through his archives and came up with a cool looking review of Wing Commander 3 from the old PSX Pro magazine. 1996 is well known as the year we got Wing Commander 4 and Privateer 2, but the Playstation port of WC3 also made it out that spring. Although it wasn't quite as awesome as the 3DO version, Heart of the Tiger for the PSX had less compressed FMV, color communication videos and deleted scenes that the PC version did not. Check out the screenshot in the middle of the second page that highlights the TCN News Terminal only available on consoles. The game got a neat three-page spread that highlights the incredible visuals not available elsewhere. Despite Wing Commander 3's good score, the author admits that the tone of the article may come off negatively because he prefers playing on the computer.

--
Original update published on September 5, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't imagine playing a Wing Commander game without a joystick.

It's like riding a bike without handlebars.

May contain traces of silliness...

lrg_bicycle_wheel.jpg
:D

~~~ did that bug have anything to do with loading data for the speech line of a dying cat?... ifso.. that would be mayorly anoying indeed haha.

CataclysmX said:
I couldn't imagine playing a Wing Commander game without a joystick.

It's like riding a bike without handlebars.

I know the PSX controler for wc3 without analog support was ackward... but there *IS* a joystick for the PSX (LOAF has one) that even comes with a custom WC3 profile.

>I didn't even own my first joystick until after WC3 PSX came out.

I smell a poll: "your first joystick"

Mine was a gravis two button (but had 3 buttons, although 1 was mirrored)

The black guy with the red buttons. Still have it, still works. Been working since the days of Wing Commander and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

Good times.

CataclysmX said:
Mine was a gravis two button (but had 3 buttons, although 1 was mirrored)
The black guy with the red buttons.

I have one of those on my desk right now...:eek:

Back