The Flash man

KoN21

Spaceman
I remember reading that Jace "Flash" Dillon died in 2669.
He lived in my WC3 as I didn't select him on the last mission.
Is there an official version of how Flash died? Was it during his stay at the Victory.

I'd feel bad if the man lost his life on account of me, that's all... he was a test pilot and not a fighter pilot.

I loved how Blair handled him in the scene where he slept through the scramble alarm. "Yeah well people are dying out there you son-of-a-bitch". Classic.

In the WC3 novelization, Flash died in combat. With nothing in the games to contradict things, what the novel says is official, as far as any EA/Origin storyline is concerned.

I'd feel bad if the man lost his life on account of me, that's all... he was a test pilot and not a fighter pilot.

I loved how Blair handled him in the scene where he slept through the scramble alarm. "Yeah well people are dying out there you son-of-a-bitch". Classic.

When there's a scramble alarm, test pilots ARE fighter pilots. Too bad General Yeager wasn't around, he would have kicked his ass and thrown him out of the airlock.

AFAIK in the novel Flash is shot down in the Kilrah 1 mission when they go to refuel at the first supply depot and find it compromised when a squadron of Kilrathi are waiting for them.

AFAIK in the novel Flash is shot down in the Kilrah 1 mission when they go to refuel at the first supply depot and find it compromised when a squadron of Kilrathi are waiting for them.

Flash dies earlier in the novel, shot down during a mission in the Delius System.

Vagabond, Flint and Maniac are the three who go to Kilrah with Blair.

He's destined to be forever Major.

Paladin's letter in the Wing Commander Prophecy Gold manual says that Maniac (and Cmdr. Drake) have been serving as political lobbyists of sorts -- working to sell increased military preparedness to the Senate.

The Official Guide to Wing Commander Prophecy adds that at the time of that game he is contemplating retirement, with plans to serve as a consultant/test pilot for a defene contractor -- he took the job on the Midway as a favor to Paladin. It also notes that he's starting work on his memoirs, "Me: The Life and Battles of 'Maniac' Marshall".

I have to admit, my experience with Wing Commander stopped at IV. I could never get into the ideas behind Prophecy.

Lately, however, it seems that alot of thread topics have been surrounding Prophecy, and I think I have been swayed to play through it and complete the experience. So, the question becomes, which version should I go after? Prophecy Gold? Does that include the Secret Ops addition?

What are your opinions?

What are your opinions?

If you can find Prophecy Gold, get it without hesitation - so long as you can afford it. You might do well to look for an Electronic Arts set that was a UK only release (it also had C&C Red Alert and Alpha Centuari packaged with it) that ran for about $20. That was the last time I had seen it being made and that had to have been back in 2001.

Ebay is your best bet to find anything, but you'll probably be paying full price for it no matter what. Good luck.

I have to admit, my experience with Wing Commander stopped at IV. I could never get into the ideas behind Prophecy.

Lately, however, it seems that alot of thread topics have been surrounding Prophecy, and I think I have been swayed to play through it and complete the experience. So, the question becomes, which version should I go after? Prophecy Gold? Does that include the Secret Ops addition?

What are your opinions?

Prophecy Gold is the only way to legally get all the secret ops episode packs. Only the first set of missions is free for download (the starter pack from the original net release acts as a demo of sorts... so you can get a taste of it that way if you like, though obviousy there are some differences)

How many good ConFed pilots lost their lives one way or another through Maniac's flying? Catscratch almost did, depending on how you faired in that mission.

All of them but two, minx ( think was her moniker) who was the traitor and the blonde guy, was it crossbones? been a long time since ive done the wc2. Think ima do it again tonight! Did anyone else get sent the Prophecy Gold for free in the mail when it first came out? I had just bought Prophecy and a few weeks later after I registered it I was send Prophecy Gold , A long sleeved wc shirt and I think a Patch.

Back