The end of Prophecy - Secret Ops

Dahan

Rear Admiral
I never had the chance to play secret ops and cannot get a copy what so ever and I would like to know what happen at the end of secret ops

Did Lance Casey die at the end of the episode 7? It sounded a little bit confusing.

No, Casey didn't die. The letter quoted in the news is a "just in case" personal message.

Wait, I'm confused about the movie... so the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up?

Dahan said:
um what are you on about LOAF??

It's a riff on the non-sensical nature of the first post, I think, especially given that Secret Ops has been out seven years, discussed to death, and there's a hint guide that's not only been published by Origin but on here, which itself was released in a revised version during this year's birthday celebrations.

It's kinda like asking 'did Luke Skywalker die' at the end of Return of the Jedi... :D

Can someone tell me what happen at the end of secret ops, what did the crew of the cerebrus and the fighter squadron do with the nephilim threat?

What's the worst possible outcome? The one where command tells you to "Take the red pill and go to sleep."

Crowley said:
What's the worst possible outcome? The one where command tells you to "Take the red pill and go to sleep."

The wormhole stays open and uncaptured (translation: the command ship is not destroyed), thus allowing the Nephilim to invade Confederation space with their full force of their fleet. At that point, you're encouraged to commit suicide.

In the both the win-win ending (wormhole captured, alien control ship destroyed) and the win-lose ending (both wormhome and control ship destroyed), the pilots are returned to the Midway - it's mentioned in the last cutscene by Gov. Cavazos.

Is there any scenes from Secret Ops which can be downloaded to for any particular episode from 1-7??

The "scenes" are mostly in-cockpit with engine rendered ones at the start of most systems. The game doesn't have many traditional movies. There's a flash one I can put up later if we don't already have it linked from somewhere.

i have been thinking and after playing prophecy and reading the HTL series, I wonder what really happen at the end with the nephilim crisis. we never knew what after secret ops as the game never progress or anything but I would like wonder what ever happen.
The HTL series is one alternative to what happens after prophecy, but I like to hear what others think of what might have happen instead...

Dahan said:
i have been thinking and after playing prophecy and reading the HTL series, I wonder what really happen at the end with the nephilim crisis. we never knew what after secret ops as the game never progress or anything but I would like wonder what ever happen.
The HTL series is one alternative to what happens after prophecy, but I like to hear what others think of what might have happen instead...

Still working on my own little bit of fan fiction in a three-part set (trilogy thingeemabob) in my alternative FireFalcon's Take on the Future WC Universe following the events of Prophecy and Secret Ops picking up where things left off with a long list of known characters we all love and a handful of new ones thrown into the mix that most probably won't care about. I'm still planning to plop it in the fan-fiction section when I'm done the first part (probably through a link since the thing's going to be so dang massive), though I still have some reservations that the die-hard fans here are going to read it, tear it apart with wooden spoons, stick the pieces in a blender, then drop a nuke on the pulpy remains. (Call me paranoid.) :)

So anyway, I'll be indirectly conveying my thoughts on the whole post-Secret Ops Nephilim/Aligned thing in times to come...though at my current rate of speed, we'll probably all be of retirement age by the time I'm actually done with the first part. ;) And by then, my frail, tired, decimated little ego probably couldn't take the constructive criticism and it'd spell an end for my three-parter right there anyway. :) But hey, the first part will still be there for anyone who wants to devote a sizable portion of their golden years reading all of it. ;)

- FireFalcon ~};^

Iceman16 said:
Sounds like a good read, Firfalcon, you should post a bit of what youve got so far.

Ehhh like I said - afraid of bruising my own ego too soon, Ice. Best to get it done, then put up the whole thing for anyone who wants to read it. Besides, I'm only up to 150 pages in Microsoft Word at 10-point font; I barely have anything to share, darn it! ;) When it's done, I'll definitely put it up for anybody who cares to read it.

But in the meantime, back on topic (or wherever we were before I inadvertently derailed the topic to plug my own little fan fiction project)...it'd be interesting to hear others' thoughts about the Nephilim, the Aligned, etc. following the events of Prophecy and Secret Ops.

- FireFalcon ~};^

Back