The Dawn of the Wing commander revival, or a false start?

Originally posted by Wedge009
You will admit that Australia 25 years ago is slightly smaller than the US today, wouldn't you? ;)
Why Wedge, you make it sound like that's changed since then :p.

Hooray for 24-hour clocks. Hey, airports and anything remotely international use them too, don't they?
And if they don't, they should ;).

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

That's the first time I hear that somebody claims English to be more difficult than French. In fact, I always heard (and experienced myself so) that English is more easily to learn than most other languages language, in the good sense like Kris mentioned. English has a lot of idioma and sayings, I think that's what causes some problems maybe but it also makes the language more fun.

Did you learn english as a second language? My opinion is that french adheres to regularity in things like what's plural, what's conjugated how, etc. It seems to follow that whole romantic ease thing, like spanish and italian, with insanely easy to memorize tenses. That's just me, though.

You will admit that Australia 25 years ago is slightly smaller than the US today, wouldn't you? ;)

Maybe, if we ask nicely, he'll admit that Australia today is slightly smaller than the US 25 years ago?

;)

Originally posted by Nemesis
Hardly. ["Same difference" is] used to characterize logic.
Well, the way I hear it used in Austrialia is equivalent to <shrug> "whatever". I hate that.

Originally posted by Nemesis
Still is! (As I noted previously).
Yeah, I read that after I posted.

Originally posted by Quarto
Why Wedge, you make it sound like that's changed since then.
You know I was only making a point to Filler. :)

Sorry for replying to this a bit late but...
Originally posted by Frosty
Well, I played Majora's Mask, that's about the latest Zelda I've touched. None for GB though...

I read at Penny Arcade that the GC Zelda is supertacular, so I might have to buy a GC specifically for that. I know it'll have a feature to interface with a GBA, so that would make my GBA happy. We shall see...
Whoa, if you are saying that you can't play any old GB or GBC games with the GBA, this takes away my hopes... :(
I thought you could, but that the game cartridges, being bigger than required, would simply stick out of the console...

GC = GameCube, Nintendo's current console.
A GBA plays pretty much every GB and GBC game just fine... (except possibly for weird stuff like the GB camera thing).

I bought my GBA pre-owned at Blockbuster for$40 and I paid for the whole thing with 8 $5 gift cards.

I don't think I'm allowed back there yet. I think they still hate me.

But at the time, they also had new ones for $60, I just needed 4 more cards and I coulda had it.

Have you ever bought anything at blockbuster with giftcards?
It takes up to 5 minutes for each card. to go through, if you get it right each time, which we didn't.

Besides, the cashiers get paid the same amount whether I buy the GBA or not. And the gift cards are from another store(birthday presents from firends) so they're getting pretty much nothing for them.

Originally posted by Wildshot I bought my GBA pre-owned at Blockbuster for$40 and I paid for the whole thing with 8 $5 gift cards.

Damn fine job there, mister.

Uh, slow down, I'm missing something...

Originally posted by Wildshot
Have you ever bought anything at blockbuster with giftcards?
It takes up to 5 minutes for each card. to go through, if you get it right each time, which we didn't.
Get it 'right'? Why should using cards take time? And no, I haven't bought anything from Blockbuster or whatever, nor used giftcards.

Besides, the cashiers get paid the same amount whether I buy the GBA or not.
All the less reason for them to hate you.

And the gift cards are from another store(birthday presents from firends) so they're getting pretty much nothing for them.
Uh, so why did they accept the cards?

Get it 'right'? Why should using cards take time? And no, I haven't bought anything from Blockbuster or whatever, nor used giftcards.
Their system for checking if the cards are authentic is antiquated and stupid.
Uh, so why did they accept the cards?
Different *Blockbuster* store.

Back