The Dawn of the Wing commander revival, or a false start?

Originally posted by Manic
Reznor is living proof that if you spend a million bucks on sound equipment, manic-depressive teenagers will flock to buy the album... regardless of the content.

I don't know anything about him, but I do know I loved the music in Quake 1.

Originally posted by Loozer
the original wolfenstein3d sucked ass!!

The original wolfenstein 3d corrected the notion that Hitler commited suicide. In fact he actually died uttering the words "Die Schweinhund" in his combat suit with four chainguns on it after losing a fight with allied secret agent BJ Blazcowitz.

That's what I call historical accuracy.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

That's not retroactive continuity... retroactive continuity is when they add later on that, say, the main character is a Pilgrim.

Doom III follows the standard comic book industry definition of RetCon - i.e. the idea that a later writer can come in and rewrite the history of an event and/or character that's already been documented in the past. Sometimes the writers are careful enough to actually fit their new ideas in with the established history, but more often, they aren't too concerned by little things such as "continuity".

No, there’s nothing contradictory between “retroactive” on the one hand and “continuity” on the other. Indeed, the former reaffirms the latter.

Back