The Dawn of the Wing commander revival, or a false start?

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
"The" can be rearranged to make "Eth."
Originally posted by Ghost
Wow Runewords Contest!
Hi Ghost!

It's amazing to see that even on a WC board Diablo related comments can be found :) ...

BTW, that's my favourite game since about 6 months ago :D

And that's the reason why you didn't see my around here and #wingnut lately...

edit: Are you still playing SL with Natanya and the others from Alphasquad?

Finally getting to the final chapter of Baldurs Gate part one and to believe ive done it with a 4th level party, This game is so huge, About to kill Sarevok, then onto the expansion 'Tales of the Sword Coast' Wisk me luck!!! Commanders

Been playing WC2:SO1 in the meantime:cool:

I got bored of SL a long time ago... when my (at least) 50th attempt to complete the final mission failed :mad:

The only games I remember in which I had to play the last mission so often were "TOP GUN: Fire at will" and WC2... but at least, I made it in both cases after 40-50 attempts... but SL, it's just boring that the missions are so long and that there's no way to skip the "in-mission-cut-scenes"... after all, it's a shame for WC that SL was compared with it... but they surely reached their goal to increase the sell numbers...

Recently, I've been rediscovering lots of my old mac, pc and amiga games. Beneath a steel sky, The DIG, Sam and Max, Baldur's gate. I'm starting to think that 3D flare isn't really all that important:) Of course, I'll change suit the second DOOMIII is released.

Doom 3? I can only wonder what this one is going to be about.
"He has to save the world from HELL once again!"

I wouldn't be surprised. :p

Nafé

Originally posted by Naféasonto
Doom 3? I can only wonder what this one is going to be about.
"He has to save the world from HELL once again!"

I wouldn't be surprised. :p

From what little is known of the plot (pretty much all from E3), it looks like a retcon of the original, with prettier graphics.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Retcon... retroactive continuity... adding something earlier in the timeline to a later story...?

Retroactive continuity.
Basically, it looks like they're rewriting the original storyline. I don't know for certain, but it sounds as if the cinematic that was shown at E3 is the opening for the game, and depicts an experiment gone horribly awry.
In short, it sounds just like the background for the original Doom.

i watched this movie from ign.com about Doom 3 and it looks really good. the music for the game was done by Trent Reznor....

Originally posted by junior

Retroactive continuity.
Basically, it looks like they're rewriting the original storyline. I don't know for certain, but it sounds as if the cinematic that was shown at E3 is the opening for the game, and depicts an experiment gone horribly awry.
In short, it sounds just like the background for the original Doom.

That's not retroactive continuity... retroactive continuity is when they add later on that, say, the main character is a Pilgrim.

Kinda like the Opposing Force addition to Halflife? You know, it starts at the beggining of the story but goes beyond after Freeman passes through the dimensional gate to Xen? (Best example I could come up with)

Speaking of Doom, Heretic was a great game, basically Doom in a medievel environment, The sequel was a flop though.
Rise of the Triad was the schizznitt too, better than its cousin Wolfenstein. (at the time)

Oooooh, new video game music by Trent Reznor. For someone who's considered a "talent" he sure has enough time on his hands to do a few video game scores. Yeesh.

And no way, no how that RotT is better than Wolfenstein 3D.

Here's what I know of the plot for Doom3.
  • They're making me buy a new computer.
  • I get to shoot things.
  • There will be oodles of mods, some will kick ass.

And Trent Reznor is a loser.

well in response to that, heres what i know :D

u dont need a new pc, just a decent gfx card, unless u have a p100 with a matrox millenium u will be fine i guess (and yes ive read the articles, so noone try and be funny about this :p)

there will be not so many things to shoot as in doom 1 or serious sam :(

carmack isnt sure wether he will include "modability"

finally its a revamp of doom 1 with more detail, slower pace and generally more "half life" than doom 3

Reznor is living proof that if you spend a million bucks on sound equipment, manic-depressive teenagers will flock to buy the album... regardless of the content.

Back