The Darkest Dawn is Cleared for Launch

@MartySheen:
This is known to be a false positive in a few virus scanners. You can tell your program to skip that.

I encountered New Heur PE Virus at 80% mark of the install. NOD 32 wont let me finish the install!

Yes, that is the only anti virus that will complain about the exe. We have submitted our executable to ESET, but it might take them ages to update their signature files. Some of the FSO executsables, most notably FS2Net, will produce the same warning.

Minor bug report: In prologue mission 4, the first autopilot sequence shows your fighter flying through the carrier flight deck, as if the flight deck model is superimposed over the autopilot animation. Other than that, things have been smooth sailing.

Minor bug report: In prologue mission 4, the first autopilot sequence shows your fighter flying through the carrier flight deck, as if the flight deck model is superimposed over the autopilot animation. Other than that, things have been smooth sailing.
Can you reproduce that? And if you do, could you please post exact steps to replicate the problem?

Yup. I saw it the first time playing through the prologue campaign as normal, then tried the mission again out of curiosity via the tech room/mission simulator. Same thing both times. As far as reproduction steps, simply play mission 4. Not sure what else I can offer there besides launch, fly around a bit while the dialogue runs, then hit autopilot when prompted.

If it is not too much hassle, please fill a ticket in our bug tracker, so that we can run possible solutions by you. We can't reproduce the issue as of now.

Fantastic game! Really enjoying the heck out of it. If I could make a small request. When you are done with the mac release installer and have a chance. Could you do me a huge favor and post a link of just your Mac OSX application? Seeing as I already have the windows version installed, I'd take it as a huge kindness not to have to dl over 3 gigs of data files all over again. ;)

Thank you very much for the time and effort! It's great to have people like you keeping the dream alive.
Will start the torrent download and will seed for as long as I can!

Gg

Fantastic game! Really enjoying the heck out of it. If I could make a small request. When you are done with the mac release installer and have a chance. Could you do me a huge favor and post a link of just your Mac OSX application? Seeing as I already have the windows version installed, I'd take it as a huge kindness not to have to dl over 3 gigs of data files all over again. ;)
Drop me a note once we are ready to go. ;)

Downloaded from spacesim central lastnight, the download was corrupt(even when I used 7zip), I used the download accelerator "DownloadThemAll" for firefox. Currently downloading the torrent version and it is coming in at 4MB/sec.

Downloaded from spacesim central lastnight, the download was corrupt(even when I used 7zip), I used the download accelerator "DownloadThemAll" for firefox. Currently downloading the torrent version and it is coming in at 4MB/sec.
Spacesimcentral was flooded into oblivion in a matter of minutes. ;)

Been downloading from CIC today onto my workstation; rates have maxed at about 200 kb/s. Just about done at this point. Next problem: figuring out how I'm going to get it home -- I've only got 2GB free on my flash drive at the moment..... :)

Been downloading from CIC today onto my workstation; rates have maxed at about 200 kb/s. Just about done at this point. Next problem: figuring out how I'm going to get it home -- I've only got 2GB free on my flash drive at the moment..... :)
You approach is ... flawed. ;)

You approach is ... flawed. ;)

Well, it's generally faster for me to download things at work than it is for me to do it at home. I just forgot to make a key consideration before initiating the download...

Got it figured out, though; hopefully will be able to take care of installation tonight (or at least before Monday morning).

I encountered New Heur PE Virus at 80% mark of the install. NOD 32 wont let me finish the install!

Installed on a computer with Microsoft Security Essentials with no problem. I will try to find time to install it on my computer with ESET's NOD32 this weekend.

FYI, my seeding ratio is at 2.3, with over 7.6 GB uploaded. And counting.

NuAngel

I switched NOD 32 file protection off for a few minutes to allow the game to install. works fine now. cheers!

FYI, my seeding ratio is at 2.3, with over 7.6 GB uploaded. And counting.
Heh, I'm seeding now as well, but with an upload rate of 25kb/s, it may be a few weeks before my seeding ratio reaches 1 :p. Funny, I'm pretty sure my connection has better upload speeds than this in general.

Awesome work! I've really enjoyed hammering my way through this the last couple of nights - Gotta say, can I request transfer to the Valkyrie Squad? :) Quick question - Will you eventually be releasing your version of Fred for fans who might want to put some missions together? (Though I do understand that your mission structure is properly more complicated than a standard mission)

P.S. Kudos on getting auto-aim on the Excalibur working, I really wasn't expecting that!

This maxed out our 100mbps line for a good 36 hours and it's currently at half capacity. As of this morning, some 1.5 terabytes or about 450 copies downloaded from our mirror.

Back