The COST of freedom :)

Things were bad for single player games in general -- EA wanted to make the kind of money they were making off of UO, and supposedly told the UIX and WCP teams that their series' were finished unless they could ship a million copies.

Yeesh, short by 300,000 copies! If I had known that we coulda gotten another WC game quicker by buying an extra copy or three, I'd've done it! :(

I don't really see the point in making another WC game, despite the amount we all talk about it. I mean, 5 games are alot for a series, especially a game as complex as WC; and if they did make another WC game, it just wouldn't be the same without the Kilrathi, Blair, etc.

And why exactly woudlnt those things be in the next game? Blair may or may not be dead, but the Kilrathi are still there and were even in Prophecy. THey could very easily be in the new game. The Nephiliem still havent wiped them out as was propheciesed. Not only do we need another game so that we will have new missions to play, new ships to fly, and new enemies to kill, but we know nothing about the Nephiliem. We need a new game to explain about them.

You've got a point, especially about the Nephilim (I just started reading that 55-page thread about them); but everyone's gonna end up hailing it as the second coming, and when it's a great game but it's not *absolutely perfect* people are gonna say it sucks, and nobody wants WC ta suck.
I don't know. It's late. My brain hurts too.

No offense, but I very much doubt Blair is dead from WC:p. The man is a survivor, cheated death too many times to die in such a bad fashion. I think that when the wormhole gate was destroyed and those lil pylons went everywhere, isn't it a safe assumption that said pylons had self-sealing doors in case of a hull breach? I don't think the Nephs just throw away materials and resources at the drop of a hat...

Blair's death is a topic that is SPECIFICALLY banned. And i didnt say either way what he is so no offense taken. But a new game would likely help state for sure either way.

Argh! Forgot that rule!

No...wait...Kris...LOAF...Don't put me in the airlock! oh God...God! GOD NO! AIIIIIEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee**********...

I live in fear of Kris whiping my rank off after a plight of "verbal diaherra" or something else stupid I could do.

[Edited by LeHah on 07-05-2001 at 01:48]

Im sure they would give you a warning to stop doing something they dont like before they punish you.

Unless they have already warned you about something...

I was warned once by Kris for posting Secret Ops files on here. They were listed as "Freeware" and I thought I could score points with peoples.

I was mistaken. Then flogged. :(

Originally posted by LeHah
No offense, but I very much doubt Blair is dead from WC:p.
This is not to break rule 2, but I just wanted to say that... LeHah, you're obviously such a fan of Mark Hamill that you think he must survive in all situations... ;)

Who's Kris? I've been surfing WC sites all over the place during the past few days, but I can't recall a Kris directly, although it does sound familliar...

Mark Hamill's characters that are cool, usually end up "supposedly" dead, like the aforementioned...um...1990s appearance in a ceratin video game (Gabriel Knight maybe? ;) )

Also, his character in "Slipstream", who was a total badass that could probably knock the stuffing out of 007, died rather...badly. Bob Peck (Muldoon from Jurassic Park) got his hands on the controls of the plane Hamill was flying and steered it into a mountain side. BOOM!

Poor, poor Mark... :(

Back