The Brass Have Been Reviewing Your Record (August 17, 2012)

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!

Last week, we rolled out a new Chatzone medals system that awards wingnuts for their chatzone contributions. Over the last few days, we've added a dozen new medals and reorganized a few things about the existing ones. Wingnuts can view the updated medal list here. But that's not all! The CIC staff will also award unique participation and achievement medals to Wingnuts who make contributions to the community.

Chatzone ranks have also been activated. Wingnuts will see their ranks displayed below their Chatzone name unless you've entered a "Custom Title" on your Personal Details page. In that case, the Custom Title will show instead. If you want your rank displayed, simply remove the Custom Title from the Personal Details page.

The ranks are based on those used by the Terran Confederation Space Navy. By earning medals, Wingnuts earn trophy points which then determine their rank. Here's a breakdown of the system:

• Spaceman (0 points)
  • Veteran Spaceman (150 points)
  • Petty Officer (300 points)
  • Chief Petty Officer (750 points)
  • Master Chief Petty Officer (1200 points)
  • Ensign, 2nd Class (1500 points)
  • Ensign (2000 points)
  • 2nd Lieutenant (3000 points)
  • 1st Lieutenant (4500 points)
  • Lieutenant Commander (6000 points)
  • Commander (7500 points)
  • Captain (9000 points)
  • Commodore (12000 points)
  • Rear Admiral (20000 points)
  • Vice Admiral (28000 points)
  • Admiral (36000 points)
  • Space Marshal (60000 points)

--
Original update published on August 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to double-check the custom title thing. I removed mine to look and it came up with I CAN HAVE AN AVATAR NOW.

You might want to double-check the custom title thing. I removed mine to look and it came up with I CAN HAVE AN AVATAR NOW.

Hmmm ok. That is weird. I'll take a look at it today. The avatar thing I think is something left over from the old CZ? I'll have to talk to Kris about where that might be buried in the Admin control.

Fixed it. You can try it now LeHah. It was a user group setting that was causing that message to display.

Well I guess we can now confirm all the medals are working properly. I received the It's Your Birthday medal today.

NomadTerror asked a good question earlier on IRC. I'm not sure if you can stack birthday medals, but I'd assume so.

Let me know if anyone notices something not working properly.

Suddenly I get the impression that this community is made up mostly of high ranking officials. XD

The actual RANK doesn't matter, it's the relative rank that matters. Eventually we'll be properly graded on a curve (which can apply to not only when grades are low, but when grades are high. Piss off a professor and see that A turn into a D when they decide to apply the curve).

Haha, I can relate to that Worf. :)

Edit: I only seem to have a single bronze star? I thought I would have more than that?

Haha, I can relate to that Worf. :)

Edit: I only seem to have a single bronze star? I thought I would have more than that?

Yeah, you definitely should. When was the last time you logged in before that post?

Sometimes they don't always appear all at once or they appear hours later.

I think it was at least a couple of weeks since I logged in to post, I have mainly been lurking...

"Ghosts in the machine, control..."
yes its updated :)

Back