The Best Wing Commander Battle

What would the best battle be to either watch in a movie or actually play in a game?

• Vukar Tag

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Battle of Earth

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Tarawa's END RUN to Kilrah

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Invasion of the Kilrathi and start of the war

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Wulf
If another TV show of WC were to come up with flying pigs as space ships set during WC2, then they MUST exist in the game too, by what you are arguing, even though we don't see them.

That's right. And no matter how much I would dislike that, I would accept it.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Wulf, have you even considered the possibility that you could be wrong, or does your mind automatically dismiss it as an impossibility?

And have you considered that I might be correct? No. You just jump in here in the middle like some little parasite and attack me while I am discussing something.

And have you considered that I might be correct? No. You just jump in here in the middle like some little parasite and attack me while I am discussing something.

Just a reminder, this is the Wing Commander CIC Chat Zone. Not Wulf's Private Opinion Zone.

You can try to insult me until your heart's content. The fact remains that you've lost this argument.

Originally posted by TC

Basically yes. You're working with the incorrect assumption that they exist in different 'universes'... which you don't really have any reason to believe as far as I can tell.
I will agree that all WC media share some things in common, but they have never had EVERYTHING in common. They fit, yes, but not as far as being exact to each other (like dates of events, when ships were in service, and such).

I will agree that all WC media share some things in common, but they have never had EVERYTHING in common. They fit, yes, but not as far as being exact to each other (like dates of events, when ships were in service, and such).

They're suprisingly coherent... at least as much as between the various games... And those errors are, if given the chance, not incredibly hard to argue away.

I'm afraid this falls under your opinion. I don't like how some things don't seem right in the WCU either, but this case isn't one of them.

Well, I left for food... Then I come back and everyone has been bickering and I was really sorry I missed it all. Tis too bad. I am glad that the Thread wasn't closed because I really like it. Thanks for not closing it admins. :)

It wasn't a name calling type of argument, so it wouldn't be closed... (especially since I was a major participant :) )

Diablo 2 had so many damned errors!:mad: It wouldn't even install on my machine.:mad:

You are so gay...
Try putting the CD in the Cd-ROM...
And don´t be a troll :(

Wing Commander Academy is *not* about the Terran Confederation Space Naval Academy -- none of it (not even the first episode!) takes place there.

The first episode, "Red and Blue" takes place at the Flight School on Sirius, *after* Maniac and Blair have graduated from the TCSNA on Hilthros. They've already gone through the Naval Academy, Blair has done his training on the Formidable, they've graduated. At the end of Episode 1, they learn that they're being assigned to the TCS Tiger's Claw.

This is where the movie opens -- Blair and Maniac being transferred to the Tiger's Claw (they'd been delayed according to the movie novel, which is why the other cadets aren't with them on the Diligent). The movie takes place, Pilgrim Stars takes place, Pilgrim Truth takes place, WC1 starts.

The *rest* of Wing Commander Academy centers around the 2654 Sivar ceremony, which takes place *later* in WC1. The term 'Wing Commander Academy' refers to an advanced command school, and *not* the TCSNA. This is actually explained in the press kit. The other 12 episodes take place, at the end of which Blair is made a squadron commander... and then WC1 can ends with him commanding the Black Lions.

Originally posted by Ghost

You are so gay...
Try putting the CD in the Cd-ROM...
And don´t be a troll :(

All right dangit, that's enough. It's over. BTW, the autorun wouldn't even come up after I put the cd in, and each time I tried it shut itself down. Not my fault, it's my giant paperweight a.k.a. my computer!:rolleyes:

Maybe so! Heck, I sometimes speak words to it that would make a grizzled sailor proud. It has no effect unfortunately.:D Ever since the motherboard was replaced, it has had some serious incompatibility issues. I'm just going to get a new machine rather than fool with it again, though.

*edit*...well let's be careful and not get too far off topic or else it might be closed. I'm sure some more people want to talk about WC battles.

Back