The Best Wing Commander Battle

What would the best battle be to either watch in a movie or actually play in a game?

• Vukar Tag

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Battle of Earth

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Tarawa's END RUN to Kilrah

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Invasion of the Kilrathi and start of the war

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Ok, I see what you're saying there. I have to say though that whatever exists at a certain period of time in one WC universe (such as WCATV) doesn't necessarily apply to another WC universe as well (such as the game or novel universe). *Whew* Hope that is a little clearer than b4, sorry about that!

Originally posted by Wulf
Ok, I see what you're saying there. I have to say though that whatever exists at a certain period of time in one WC universe (such as WCATV) doesn't necessarily apply to another WC universe as well (such as the game or novel universe). *Whew* Hope that is a little clearer than b4, sorry about that!

Except it does apply... I'm not sure what you're trying to say... I've shown how that 'problem' fits in with the series, I'm not sure why it wouldn't apply to the rest of the universe...

The Blair thing you cleared up well, but that still doesn't explain having Arrows, Hellcats, Epees, Broadswords, or whatever ese there may be all rolled into the just so slightly pre-WC1 era.

That explanation is simple.

We see them in Academy, therefore they existed before (or during) Wing Commander I. It's official, it's canon, and there's nothing you can do about it. Either accept it, or stop talking.

The Blair thing you cleared up well, but that still doesn't explain having Arrows, Hellcats, Epees, Broadswords, or whatever ese there may be all rolled into the just so slightly pre-WC1 era.

Most of it's *during* WC1, and not pre-WC1, actually... You're the one who seems to have a problem with it. If you can find some documentation that says those ships shouldn't exist yet, I'll see if I have some way to explain it. Otherwise they existed at that point.

Originally posted by TC

Most of it's *during* WC1, and not pre-WC1, actually... You're the one who seems to have a problem with it. If you can find some documentation that says those ships shouldn't exist yet, I'll see if I have some way to explain it. Otherwise they existed at that point.

That's a catch-22, because there is no documentation that proves what I said. So I guess no matter what I say that could be very well valid, you will still just shoot it down out of stubborness! I see how it is! I suppose that the Rapier was in the show as well, of which didn't appear until Blair had well served aboard the Claw!

That's a catch-22, because there is no documentation that proves what I said. So I guess no matter what I say that could be very well valid, you will still just shoot it down out of stubborness! I see how it is! I suppose that the Rapier was in the show as well, of which didn't appear until Blair had well served aboard the Claw!

I don't think you quite understand what a Catch-22 is, because this isn't one... And if the Rapier II were in the show it would actually make sense! Being that, like I said, all but the first episode take place *during* the first game.

Originally posted by TC

I don't think you quite understand what a Catch-22 is, because this isn't one... And if the Rapier II were in the show it would actually make sense! Being that, like I said, all but the first episode take place *during* the first game.

Sure, it is a catch-22. You say that if I bring forth documentation to prove you wrong, then I'll be right. There is none, however, so by what you are saying, there is no possible way to do so. "Heads you win, tails I lose." That is a catch-22 situation.

You say that if I bring forth documentation to prove you wrong, then I'll be right. There is none, however, so by what you are saying, there is no possible way to do so.

Wow. Read that again, Wulf. Read it carefully. Do you know what it means?

IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE WRONG.

Sure, it is a catch-22. You say that if I bring forth documentation to prove you wrong, then I'll be right. There is none, however, so by what you are saying, there is no possible way to do so. "Heads you win, tails I lose." That is a catch-22 situation.

This isn't a catch-22, it's just you being unable to provide evidence to conter what you think is wrong. The logic should go: Arrows appear in WCATV therefore Arrows existed then. Your logic is working like this: Arrows didn't exist during WCA therefore WCA is flawed. You have no proof of what you are basing your conclusion on. Therefore your conclusion is flawed.

No, smart-aleck, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Abscence of documentation is irrelevant as far as the real truth is concerned. Someone could be right in their cause, and they know that without any piece of paper or online content in front of their faces. Same thing here, I don't need documents for myself telling me I'm right, because I already know I am. Not everything can be proved in writing, you know.

No, smart-aleck, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Abscence of documentation is irrelevant as far as the real truth is concerned. Someone could be right in their cause, and they know that without any piece of paper or online content in front of their faces. Same thing here, I don't need documents for myself telling me I'm right, because I already know I am. Not everything can be proved in writing, you know.

Except there's visual proof that those ships existed... right there... You explain this by saying WCA never happened... I say it did, and you can't tell me why it doesn't. You are wrong. I have evidence to back my point, you don't. This is something that can be argued and proven textually.

Some people are just blind or in denial, and 'give me documentation' happens to be a common excuse for hiding it. This isn't a legal case.

Wulf... I can't believe how stubborn you're being - the ships are right there. Although I haven't seen many WCA episodes, I'm quite happy to believe Hellcats, etc existed at that time - in fact, it makes more sense because they're old ships by 2669.

Where's LOAF, still enjoying being 21?

Yes, I would agree that you are blind or in denial... You have nothing to back your convictions at all at this point... Not even something completely subjective or something taken out of context...

Wulf, have you even considered the possibility that you could be wrong, or does your mind automatically dismiss it as an impossibility?

Originally posted by TC

Except there's visual proof that those ships existed... right there... You explain this by saying WCA never happened... I say it did, and you can't tell me why it doesn't. You are wrong.

This falls back to what I said earlier, one universe doesn't necessarily determine what happens in another. If another TV show of WC were to come up with flying pigs as space ships set during WC2, then they MUST exist in the game too, by what you are arguing, even though we don't see them. :p

Originally posted by Wedge009
Wulf... I can't believe how stubborn you're being - the ships are right there. Although I haven't seen many WCA episodes, I'm quite happy to believe Hellcats, etc existed at that time - in fact, it makes more sense because they're old ships by 2669.

Where's LOAF, still enjoying being 21?

Eh, I don't see how LOAF can spread any more proof on the matter than I have... I covered the points he brought up...

The movie, the cartoon, the games, the books.. they're all the same universe. If something exists in a particular time frame in one, it exists for the rest too.

This falls back to what I said earlier, one universe doesn't necessarily determine what happens in another. If another TV show of WC were to come up with flying pigs as space ships set during WC2, then they MUST exist in the game too, by what you are arguing, even though we don't see them. :p

Basically yes. You're working with the incorrect assumption that they exist in different 'universes'... which you don't really have any reason to believe as far as I can tell.

Back