The Best Wing Commander Battle

What would the best battle be to either watch in a movie or actually play in a game?

• Vukar Tag

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Battle of Earth

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Tarawa's END RUN to Kilrah

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Invasion of the Kilrathi and start of the war

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
I would really love to watch or play the Battle of Vukar Tag. That battle seems like just the coolest most extravagant high stakes battle in the history of the war (besides the battle of Earth). It simply would be really awesome to fight the Kilrathi and send them back to Kilrah with their tales between their legs. BUT if it went to the big screen it would also be really awesome. Certainly very cool indeed.

Well, to play, BOE would be most excellent, and plus it has those breaks for you to go and rearm and refuel

i think it would be cool if you could play all the campaigns the Landreich did, like BOE, BOBK,

and with those old fighters

damn! why didnt i get intrested in WC before they all went out of print?

All of the WC novels are easy to find. Start at Half.com.

I would have picked McAuliffe, but since it's not available, I'd go with Tarawa's end run... :)

To me the battle of earth was the best since there were no options but to win or loose. And I liked how there was the "take as many with you as you can" feel. I really like how the Landreriech and Bear are involved.

Originally posted by Hooyah
To me the battle of earth was the best since there were no options but to win or loose.

As opposed to all those other ones where there's a third option...

Well, almost all of the other battles were not directly invoved with the continuence of the Terran homeworld, they werent so close to home.

Although the Battle of the Earth was at the door of our planet and was bloody as hell, the Tarawa trip was marked with the pride and the courage of few men

Wow, between the Battle of Terra and the first invasion, that's really hard to say. Although I think, just because of the fighters available, I'd have to go with the BoT.

The Battle of Terra would certainly be awesome. Can anyone remember, were there two battles of Terra. The first one with the super carriers and then a second? I can't remember...

I'd have to go with the BoT or with the start of the war. I love missions (or battles) that have a sense of panic and desperation, it adds so much ambience

Originally posted by TC
I'd say that's 'Invasion of Kilrathi and start of the war'
Mmmmh technically McAuliffe is a while after the start of the war... By your definition, 'Invasion of Kilrathi and start of the war' would include a lot of battles...

Yea, I just wasn't sure if McAuliffe was really the name for the big space Pearl Harbor of the Confederation, BUT that is what I was shooting for with the invasion and start of the war.

Originally posted by mpanty

Mmmmh technically McAuliffe is a while after the start of the war... By your definition, 'Invasion of Kilrathi and start of the war' would include a lot of battles...

That's debatable...

I choose the BOT. It had everything a great sci fi battle should have. Great strategies, great sacrifices, a sese of desparation, Great ships, et cetera.

Back