The Best Wing Commander Battle

What would the best battle be to either watch in a movie or actually play in a game?

• Vukar Tag

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Battle of Earth

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Tarawa's END RUN to Kilrah

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Invasion of the Kilrathi and start of the war

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Well, LOAF had mentioned that the Hellcat Vs were pretty old and outdated by the time WC3 rolled around. I don't remember exactly what he had said... but it had to do with the Hellcat's long line of service with the Confederation.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Maybe they were there and we just didn't know about them...? :confused:

Didn't *see* them (not necessarily that the player character didn't know about)... there are lots of things we don't see... The Hellcat may be something we saw in WCA (which is my view).

Well THAT figures!! The TV show had Wc1-3 ships mixed up all over the place! I never understood that....

But since that's the case, it shouldn't count! The 'Cat is a WC3 ship.

Originally posted by Wulf
Well THAT figures!! The TV show had Wc1-3 ships mixed up all over the place! I never understood that....

How could you possibly negate the Hellcat's existence before WC3 :confused:

Oh, I don't see any reason to believe they were used at either Vukar or during the Tarawa's raid to Kilrah. They were fairly well documented and made no mention of them. Just because ships are available at the time does not mean they'll be used everywhere. That is, the initial taking of Vukar, they may have later been used in the Confederation's defense of that position that less details are known about.

I thought it was still in development and that it was new to WC3, but you guys are telling me new INFO which negates that. Luckily you guys are being nice about my ignorance :)

The Hellcat DID exist before any WC ever did...remember the f6f hellcat of WW2?! That fighter saved the day as far as naval aviation in that period is concerned!

That doesn't make any sense... Do you seriously think that model turnover was so high that old models completely dissapeared and all new models were designed and put into the field between WC2 and WC3?

Apparantly you not liking something makes WCATV wrong...

Originally posted by TC
Just because ships are available at the time does not mean they'll be used everywhere.

See? Like the whole Morningstar issue :)

Same rule applies- just because we don't know about it, doesn't mean it couldn't be ;)

Especially since the cost for these planes was so expensive I know the military would not want to replace everything at once. Just look at the US military how long has that stuff been in service? We are still using planes dating back to WWII!!

I thought it was still in development and that it was new to WC3, but you guys are telling me new INFO which negates that. Luckily you guys are being nice about my ignorance :)

Yeah, plus the fact that TC is referring to a show that conflicts with Blair's service record! How reliable is that?!

Yeah, plus the fact that TC is referring to a show that conflicts with Blair's service record! How reliable is that?!

Give me a point where it conflicts and I'll explain it away for you.

What the hell are you talking about? Academy fits in just fine.

Especially since the cost for these planes was so expensive I know the military would not want to replace everything at once. Just look at the US military how long has that stuff been in service? We are still using planes dating back to WWII!!

Apparantly Wulf thinks that model lifetimes cuts from a hundred year plus from pre-war to under a couple of years during the war.

Back