The Best Wing Commander Battle

What would the best battle be to either watch in a movie or actually play in a game?

• Vukar Tag

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Battle of Earth

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Tarawa's END RUN to Kilrah

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Invasion of the Kilrathi and start of the war

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Hey, Dorthy got her wish to come home by clicking her shoes together, maybe this constant banter will make a new Wing Commander game come out that much faster... or at least get Freespace out faster as well...? Maybe... :( We can only hope.

Hmmmm...kinda like someone in here. (not saying names, but follow my arrow) l
l
l
l
\/
(below pygmy)
l
l
\/

We all want another Wing Commander game, but screaming and whining for it here is not going to bring us anything. Now stop being stupid before I have to hurt you.

Weasel hurting people would result in my having to counter-hurt :( I will, however, have to agree that whining will get one nowhere.

Back to the discussion at hand because I don't want this Thread closed...

The Battle of Vukar Tag just Rox. I mean think about all those carriers going at it. AND the Kilrathi were completely surprised because they though the Terrans where several systems away. :D

Yeah, no kidding! Imagine how that huge armada of ships in formation around the jump pojnt would look!:D

Heck I would have loved to have been there! :) But like Jason said, "Tarawa would be toast at that kind of a party" It certainly couldn't have taken the pounding required for that kind of engagement.

If they could've waited a few more years before pulling it off, having some Hellcat Vs would've made it a whole lot easier!

I can, with a large amount of confidence, though not complete confidence, say that there were Hellcat Vs available at the time.

Originally posted by Wulf
If they could've waited a few more years before pulling it off, having some Hellcat Vs would've made it a whole lot easier!

Hellcats already existed back then, though....

Originally posted by TC
I can, with a large amount of confidence, though not complete confidence, say that there were Hellcat Vs available at the time.

Blast you for posting that tidbit before I could!!

:p

If you're talking about Vukar Tag, then Hellcat V's were available. We see them in Academy, which takes place about a decade earlier.

Who cares? They won and they kicked butt! :) Wait a sec... perhaps if they had had Hell Cat Vs then the Trafalgar might have survived. Maybe you guys are onto something there.... I retract my previous statement.

Ya gotta admit that they did a pretty awesome job even without the Hell Cat Vs. ;)

The point has been brought up that they look slightly different and may be a different class of ship, the Wildcat. Hence why I lack complete confidence on the subject. Even without that proof I would suspect that they were in existance long before WC3.

Originally posted by whatever that guy's name is
Ya gotta admit that they did a pretty awesome job even without the Hell Cat Vs.

But we just said that they probably did have Hellcat V's...

(And I find it humorous how you, the big Hellcat V fan, keep misspelling it.)

Back