The Best Part of 1990 (June 21, 2013)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
jbirdjavi caught a cool video that's today's highlight at onecoolthingaday.com. It's a nostalgia reel about the year 1990. About a minute into the clip, Wing Commander makes an appearance! The release of the first WC game was certainly one of the biggest things that happened to the world that year, so the retrospective wouldn't be complete without it.

Today's Cool Thing at www.onecoolthingaday.com is a 12 minute video called "Remember 1990". While it has a heavy focus on music and movies/tv, it also includes clips of news events and among other things, video games. At the 1:06 mark, there's a short clip of the original Wing Commander game!

--
Original update published on June 21, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was a trip down memory lane, some memorable TV shows, games and music there!
Some highlights for me;
Wing Commander 1
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker arcade game
Golden Axe
Memphis Belle (one of the first films I ever bought)
Channel tunnel meeting up
Captain Planet (on a Saturday Morning :) )

The original Final Fantasy...SMB3 (again, the original)...The Hunt for Red October movie that in retrospect kinda sucked...Back to the Future 3...TaleSpin...the death of Jim Henson...this makes me feel OLD.

I love this video! Reminds me of my "best times"... I still love Mega Man on my old NES. Mega Man 3 was shown in the video... and I like the old Super Mario Bros as well...
TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck were the best cartoon series in my opinion. Well not to forget DuckTales and Goofy and Max... but I always liked DarkWing Duck best :p

And today?... well... Wing Commander deserves a special place - let's hope that Star Citizen will rock like Wing Commander did.
At last my metal Star Citizen bronze card arrived today :D

OMG...after see the Video and hear the music...

I feel older than before...I was in disco hearing some of the music., like this:

Today they was classic Oo

<- this year 38...OMG time is moving to fast away :/

Back