That's going on backstage !

Starman©

Spaceman
Hello,

let me make a short summary of what has been done in the last couple of weeks :

1.) We’ve completed two more simulator missions that will be released as part of the prologue release package. We hope that these additional mission will raise the replay-value of the entire thing to fill away the waiting time for the main game. Maybe I add another one of these missions, as soon as I get a idea of what needs to be in it.

2.) The full-campaign script has been undergoing some major fine-tuning, with work being done on issues of continuity and canonicity. This is time-intensive and detail-focused work, but it has been proceeding at a good pace. BTW, we still have some positions open for skilled mission designers :)

3.) We have also been hard at work finishing up the video sequences that will be part of the prologue release. Another scene of the intro is nearing completion.

4.) In addition, Lars has released another wallpaper featuring some of the ships from WC Saga. You certainly noticed that on the front page

Well, that's all for the moment (there has been more, but I need something for the next time to post) :)

CU

Starman

Judging from the screenshots ive just seen, this thing is going to be so DARN IMPRESSIVE :) cant wait for the demo release!

Starman© said:
4.) In addition, Lars has released another wallpaper featuring some of the ships from WC Saga. You certainly noticed that on the front page

I wouldn't consider that as being conductive to finishing the prologue...

Don't worry, that's not the main reason for our delay. These things (like doing wallpapers) are our own motivations in continuing the work and keep us all together.

After bugfixing missions a few dozend times (and playing through them over and over again), or creating interface-buttons for days, which is also very boring, it's sometimes good when you can do something totally different for a few couple of hours :)

It's the same for me, one week I work only on models, and when I get sick of that I go back to work on the missions or do some administrative stuff. Without that change of dutys I would have gone crazy long ago :)

Don't worry the Wallpaper didn't stoped me from working on the other things and as Starman said sometime you need to do something different.
I have done the entire Interface and needed to do something else to clear my mind.
Now I can again fully concentrate on my work again.

Yeah, I hardly think creating a Wallpaper seriously detracted from Lars time...but it was a neat wallpaper. Some video of the gameplay would be nice. Doesn't have to be all padded up with theatrical music and voice clips just a simple sampling of what combat is like in the first mission. A couple of minutes worth...

Maj.Striker said:
Some video of the gameplay would be nice.

Patience, there is something coming :) Tomorrow, I want to give you people something else that we prepared, and next time , well we'll see ;)

But I will also look for a few neat battle scenes and capture a video from it for a future update. Unfortunately this video-capture tool sucks away much power, the movie might be stutter a little in the end.

Starman© said:
Unfortunately this video-capture tool sucks away much power, the movie might be stutter a little in the end.

I'm running a Athlon64 3400+ with 1GB ram. But I had no problem recording smooth video of Half-life 2 with fraps. As long as someone has a relatively new PC you souldnt have any problems recording Saga stuff.

Edit: Mind you, You might need to consider what Vid card you have.

Hm, I have to try it out. The first videos seem to be recorded fine with 30 FPS, I will have to try it out now with some bigger battles going on. I have to experiment a little before there will come something usefull out of it though

Back