Thanks a lot !

Sadic

Spaceman
As this is my first post here, I will present myself.

I was a Wing Commander addicted fan since the first opus in 1991. Why was ? Well in fact I thought that two years after Secret ops, with no new game in sight, Wing Commander was dead and buried. And I thought I was the last person feeling nostalgia about the best serie of ever...

That was until I found wcnews ! Suddenly I discovered that there was still thousands of fans keeping Wing Co alive. So for the last few weeks, I explored the, site, the links and so on... I downloaded the episodes of WCA, read a lot of fictions, and was impressed by your knowledge about the serie. I even replayed prophecy and found my good old discs of WC1 (maybe someday, I shall play it again).

So the first part of this post was mainly to show my gratitude to all those who manage to keep the WC soul alive. THANX A LOT !!!

The second part deals with fan projects. I was amazed by all the projects I found around here !

The second part deals with fan projects. I was amazed by all the projects I found around here ! Specially by Rebel Assault.
This gave me the desire to do my own fan project :
a movie mixing "real" characters in 3D backgrounds (like wc3), and of course space combats. I think, the drama will take place during the Vega Campaign of WC1, but of course in another sector. I think, I will post a lot of messages to ask some advises concerning the coherence of my project in the whole WC universe. It has no title yet, but I already modeled the Dralthi fighter (Mark 1, I think). You can find a picture at http://www.multimania.com/sadic/WC/Dralthi.jpg . Don't hesitate to tell me what you think (bad or good), it could help me to improve my further models.

At last (I hope I didn't bore you too much with this long post), I completed a few months ago a 3D animation that could interest you. In fact I remodeled the TCS Midway and a Nephilim Destroyer and used them... But it is not related with the WC Universe.
you can find it at : http://www.space-battle.com

I hope we will encounter often here at crius.net !

Sadic

Hey man. Good pic. Two things about it: I'm not sure, but if you're going for perfection, I think the guns will need to be closer to the wings. As to the other, you might want to make some screenshots that are a more "objective study" of the ship so that we can tear it to pieces more. =)

Other than that, looking good.

welcome to the board, i'm sure you'll feel right at home.

i found this site via the SO site, while down loading SO when it was still up. been here ever since.

Welcome!

That's a great picture -- mind if we put it in the news section for everybody to see?

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
As to the other, you might want to make some screenshots that are a more "objective study" of the ship so that we can tear it to pieces more. =)

Good idea.
Here they are :
http://www.multimania.com/sadic/WC/top.jpg
http://www.multimania.com/sadic/WC/right.jpg
http://www.multimania.com/sadic/WC/user.jpg

I modeled it refering to the "Claw Marks". I began with the Dralthi because it was my favorite ennemy to kill when I used to play WC1.

In fact, of course I want to make my model as realistic as possible, but I also want to make 3 other Kilrathi fighters, 3 Confed + 1 bomber, the cap ships, a landscape... So I won't spend too many hours per models. I think I will work on that during around 10-12 months.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Welcome!

That's a great picture -- mind if we put it in the news section for everybody to see?

I will be very happy if you do that ! :D

Furthermore I can send you a model (.max) of a Nephilim Destroyer, if you want it. Were am I supposed to post it ?

while i suspect this will go the way on final conflict i must congratulate you on the idea
and the excellent pic ;)
u done anymore?

EDIT

hehe just went to the space battle site
man am i happy you found us
good animators are hard to find (look at HOTT)(j/k hott)
and that stuff is amazing
well the screenshots are

edit again

unfortunately the links are dead
ah well the thumbnails looked good

[Edited by madman on 04-28-2001 at 19:51]

That's a REALLY cool Dralthi mk. 1 pic. One of the best i've seen actually. Turns the original "flying pancake" into looking like a WC3-and on ship. Good work!

Really amazing pic Sadic... what a nice resolution!! :cool:

Does anyone know where I can get the plug-ins (codecs) for DivX for Real Player or Windows Media Player?
That animation on the "space-battle" site looks cool too, but I can't view it... :(

theres a host of divx sites but the only one i can remember off hand is surprise surprise http://www.divx.com

i must say though that the screenshots are amazing
i evenutally worked around the fact that the links didnt work

i notice no reply from hott!
lol

Sadic, I am the head of the Wing Commander Universe "Privateer 3" game development team, I would love to have you working with us to design 3d models for our game. will you help us? my e-mail is
Darkmage50@start.com.au
I myself am doing 3d graphics and an extra modeller who can texture would be a great help.

Great picture of the worst enemy fighter in WC1. :D

I am sure you will enjoy this page, it is extremely resourceful. And nice people everywhere... :)

It is a definite mistake to call your game "Privateer 3" -- you *will* get sued. Origin doesn't mind fan games... but when they pretend to be the real thing, people have gotten in trouble.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It is a definite mistake to call your game "Privateer 3" -- you *will* get sued. Origin doesn't mind fan games... but when they pretend to be the real thing, people have gotten in trouble.

WC Universe sounds good to me. And as it is an original game, It will be better with an original title !

Agreed...

Oh, hey, if you mail the destroyer model to loaf@wcnews.com, I'll put it up for download.

Hey, good job on that Dralthi, Sadic!

Mind if I use it for my Wing Commander webpage? You'll get full credit, of course.

Back