Thank the programmers for cargo missions

LT Fox Fire

Spaceman
The one most happy feelings is being able to land and not fear the cargo missions erasing. The pricing makes things a bit easer to purchase and upgrade as well. Anyone seen the Drathi or other Kilrathi ships manuver in space? Two autotracking guns, (that funny enough seem to track like a missle) can just JUST Barely hit those guys. I'm just glad Im not on their bad side...yet. I also have a reall problem getting a lock of any kind on those Hyper Milita talons. They just fly right up to me and stick about, oh 20 feet from my ship, thrust and do a spin, fire and repeat the process. I cant keep them on the screen long enough to lock on. and after a time when I finally damage them slightly with my guns "Milita forces in need of assistance." No problem with them calling in for help and help ariving but dang crap man do these guys ever miss?

At least now I know I can sell all the stuff on my ship by purchasing a ship directly from the dealer. Just wish I could unload the old Tarsus when I purchas a demon.

The tarsus is somewhat useless when it comes to fighting other ships. I wouldn't use it to destory anything larger than a talon, and even those can be a handful. The best solution for destroying bigger ships is to buy a better ship (like the demon or centurion), and then it becomes a lot easier.

Never use sustained fire on fast enemy ships. I prefer single shots. I'm flying a centurion with four tachs, all autotracked, and even with this configuration you can keep shooting for hours on an enemy vessel without really hitting it. Yet , if you use single shots, so that all of your weapons hit the enemy in the same moment, two or three shots might be suficient to strike down a talon or even a demon...

Ahhhsoo

Im finding out more and more this Remake is becoming like Privateer 2. I swore in that 1st ship Saliha or something, it was a 100% hit me ship. Then I found that a Monolith was my new best friend. But getting a Heritic or a Danerick and I ruled. Also I was 50% suprised 50% anoyed by the auto tracking. The 90000 per turret is expensive but when you look at the grand scheme of the game and playability, it makes not sense to pay less. The short bursts, Master Wooky, I should have realized was the tatic to use. Even with the Excalabur, holding down the trigger wasn't the best use of the gun's ability, but the Dragon was more so. Which leads me to a baffling question. It's either all me, Cent with Tac cannons and auto tracking or a Galaxy with two AI turrets. The enemy seems less willing to evade turret fire than me heading straight on. All I need to say is I keep playing. Finding out one or more new aspects to the Remake Gameplay is just like the first ship in Priv 2 or the 1st season of Bablyon 5. If that's all you watched and learned, you never understood or got the real drive behind the full story and ended up just hating the whole experience. I need to list some bugs out at the other forum, thanks guys.

Back