Tetris Tournament Kicks Off (September 24, 2005)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
Well we had some delays getting this kicked off, but our Tetris tournament is now on. Each of our entrants gets three attempts to get the highest score against another entrant, and the highest scorer in each pair moves on to the next round. Round 1 looks like this:

KrisV vs Worf
ChrisReid vs Dyret
PeteyG vs blondehyphenone
TheFraix vs hakatsuru

Best of luck to all contestants. You can check up on the tournament by viewing the current scoreboard here. If you're taking part, use the tournament link in the Arcade index to play.

--
Original update published on September 24, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
D'oh.

The tournament happens just before I get on a period of extremely restricted connectivity (i.e., day before vacation). Oh well, I'll make do!

Double d'oh.

Oh well. I bow to KrisV :). (That's what I get for playing at 1AM in the morning when I have to get up at 6AM...

heh, barely. Expensive Internet...

And it took me 3 tries to beat your score, KrisV. I had an oh-so-high 8000 the first them, then 27000 the second...

I had a couple of glitches in the game.
Don't know if it is the game's glitch or my own fault.

During my first try of the game, I stacked a yellow T-shape tetromino pretty high... and when I start clearing lines the topmost line keep on being filled with yellow blocks, blocking my way to the left part of the pit. :rolleyes:

tetris_glitch.jpg

The second glitch is a link problem. It's really stupid. An honest mistake!

When I was about to play the third time, I clicked on the 'Play' link [http://www.crius.net/zone/index.php?act=Arcade&do=playtourney&gameid=4&tid=1&rung=3]. The game loaded, but I didn't click on 'Play' because I had some things to attend downstairs. I closed the browser.

Next thing I know, I already played three times! :(

Explains some of the odd results in the tournament tree... like how some people can have played 3 games and have a lower score than the other guy, but not having the round completely determined yet.

I think I'll wait until I know who I'm playing against... that ought to give me some time.

OK. so has the ladder been updated yet? I'd like to know who I'd be competing against before I actually play the second round.

And I think Kris here lost on purpose - still.

You're playing Chris. The ladder won't be updated until Chris has played his third and final game for the round. (although he's already beaten Dyret)

My result was pretty close to my personal top score for Tetris.

I demand an apology for making me curious enough to check out what fbbworld.com is. :mad:

Haha, interesting. Good luck to all the current participants of the Tetris tournament. I never have been a fan of tetris so I didn't participate...perhaps for one of the other games I will.

Hrm. Since I acquired an X-Arcade, I should give it a try after mapping the keys. Cursor keys suck after a little while.

Anyhow, the longer I wait, the more I can practice. I actually haven't played this version of tetris until I started the tournament. (I am a tetris addict, though, so I've played a number of them). The quirks in this version do make life interesting.

Trelane said:
I demand an apology for making me curious enough to check out what fbbworld.com is. :mad:

My apologies. Next time to remind me to make a better screenshot. :eek:

So... when is the second tier going to begin? :D

TheFraix said:
So... when is the second tier going to begin? :D

Apparently, the second tier has already begun, with Worf taking the first lead. I haven't noticed the other users playing, but how come I can't play?

Just to make my point:

tournament_glitch_02.jpg

Well, the second tier will take a while to complete. Which might be a good thing, too, isince I have a flight suit order, don't want to jeopardize that :).

ChrisReid's extremely busy these days (he told me). As for why you're not able to play - I'm not really sure. I was trying to figure that out myself, honestly...

Back