Terminator Salvation - Spoilers eventually...

Everybody talking about the T-600s not having rubber skin, in the movie, got me thinkin. If you remeber, nowhere in T4 do you see them attempting infilitration, which is the only reason they would need the rubber skin. Skynet wouldn't be concerned with skin or even an accurate human form when the terminators are are being used as foot soldiers or security guards. The one we see going after Reese and Marcus had probably been wondering the wasteland, killing off humans, and getting bits of itself shot off in the process.

Obviously, by the time of the movie, they were quickly becoming an obsolete design in the face of the 800s. It could be that
Connor's rescue mission, to Skynet, set the 800 production back enough to force Skynet to (re)turn to the 600s for infilitration missions. This would bring things inline with what Reese was talking about in T1, if it was ever out of line to begin with.

Okay, in the movie you do see them with the fake rubber skin on.

And in the game when you encounter terminators outfitted for infiltration for the first time, your team believes they're friendlies at a distance, allowing them to get much closer than they otherwise would have.

As an early goal, getting a few yards closer to Resistance troops is fine. They obviously would have never made it into a cell's bunker with the rubber skin, so they wouldn't have attempted it.

Well I went to go see it at a drive in on a Tuesday night (so I only spent $4.50 and it was a double feature)

It convinced my friends to see the other movies which for me is great, since T1 and T2 are some of my favorite movies, so we will probably end up doing a Terminator movie marathon some time.

I have to say though, I enjoy Terminator much more than the other movie we saw...(Ghosts of Girlfriends Past...ugh...)

In the GnR video you also see the terminator factory, where they mold arnold's skin onto him, a scene I only saw again in the menu's doubledisc DVD-version of T2.

As i heard "rooster", it did not drive me back to the nostalgia part as i heard back "you could be mine", but I did not like it at all how they made it work. Just like the 5 second "arnold" appearance. and as for referencing the terminator model, i believe the human-skeleton-like terminator was made to blend in, so what was that 30 feet tall-walking-thingie doing over there?

The 30 foot tall mech style terminator is a harvester. It's a pure Skynet war machine, like the termibikes and the hydrobots, so theres no need to blend in since it's not going to infiltrate bunkers or go back in time. Although, if you ask me, Skynet probably would have succeeded at killing Sarah Connor if it had sent a few of those back wrapped in a big fleshy coccoon.:D

I thought the movie was better than T3, although the box office may just barely make back that rumored $200 million budget. But hey, this could have been 'Battle of Terra' and a real box office tanker. I personally thought the movie was worth my money. Terminator movies are part of the CBAD(Check brain at door) type, and since when has any Terminator story stood on its weight after scrutiny(like T2's lack of explanation of how the T-1000 got thru the time transport since it's liquid metal)?

McG talks Alternate Ending

An interesting idea...but I'm not sure it would of (note that if I were as smartie as I pretend to be, I'd have written "would have") had the impact he thinks.

Anybody notice how much was ripped off from CnC as far as non-terminator bot designs go. Chain-gun arm T-600's (or was that a gun held by a hand); Avatar-esque harvesters, orca-style helio-craft, and even the transports looked like carryall's.

Anybody notice how much was ripped off from CnC as far as non-terminator bot designs go. Chain-gun arm T-600's (or was that a gun held by a hand); Avatar-esque harvesters, orca-style helio-craft, and even the transports looked like carryall's.

You do realise that it's the 4th film in the franchise and that the first one was released in 1984 right? It was C&C orcas looking like HK, not the other way. also I don't recall chaingun armed walking skeletons in any C&C game. I've yet to see the movie (not released here) and verify the other ones.

Nope Cyborg, whole arm is just a massive machine gun "cannon".

And I am pretty sure that most of the stuff we saw in T4 was never even thought of in T1/2 as far as big bot designs.

And the stuff I see at the start of T1 looks more like an osprey with turbines instead of helio-blades.

The big thing I have a 'problem' was the Harvester that looked almost exactly like the Nod Avatar.

And I am pretty sure that most of the stuff we saw in T4 was never even thought of in T1/2 as far as big bot designs.

I'm pretty sure people from the future won't have 80s hairstyles and headbands. Whats your point?

Other than a few could-have-been-done-better moments, I thought the movie was tons better than T3. More spastic than I would have chosen to make it, but I enjoyed it.

I really liked the Marcus character. He was done really well. I wish they had taken the time to develop the other major characters at least half as well as they developed Marcus.

My main 'cheap moment' was how the giant robot and its drop vehicle managed to sneak up on that one house... but once people saw the robot and the drop vehicle, the robot and drop vehicle were super loud.

They could have done with less 'getting thrown around by a terminator - and brushing it off' for the John character.

Beginning was really good for me.
Towards the end, really only the 'initial arnold moment' made me smile big.

-scheherazade

My main 'cheap moment' was how the giant robot and its drop vehicle managed to sneak up on that one house... but once people saw the robot and the drop vehicle, the robot and drop vehicle were super loud.

I thought the same when that scene happened - but then realized that considering these machines must weigh hundreds of tonnes, they'd have to have some stealth/sneak ability. Otherwise, you'd hear any T1 or T-101 coming from miles away.

Well it's obvious that Star knows they're coming before everyone else, because we get a warning from her. And since we don't see how the harvester gets there, we can't really judge if the noise level makes sense. Maybe that carryall thing can drop a harvester from a few thousand feet so nobody hears it coming. Actually, that would be incredibly cool. Anyway, the whole group in the gas station as well as the audience is supposed to be focused on the argument taking place. Hearing huge footsteps would needlessly detract. These are the kinds of decisions real filmmakers have to make knowing that no matter what they do, some guy whose never seen a camera in his life will rag on them on the internet.
They could have done with less 'getting thrown around by a terminator - and brushing it off' for the John character.
Yeah, really. It's not like they spent three movies and two seasons of a television show building him up as the single most badass person who ever lived, or anything.
I thought the same when that scene happened - but then realized that considering these machines must weigh hundreds of tonnes, they'd have to have some stealth/sneak ability. Otherwise, you'd hear any T1 or T-101 coming from miles away.
I think only the really big old ones are very heavy. In T3 I think it comes up on the screen that the 850 played by Arnold is only 440lbs. Unarmed 600s probably aren't much more.

Cameron in the show is obviously only around 100 pounds since she doesn't really affect vehicle ride height or mattresses or anything very much, and they pick her up a couple times.

If the intent was to do an ambush, then of course it has to be silent.

However, forcibly cramming-in one extra shock, into a movie filled with them, at the cost of ample believability, is too much.

John was a great leader, strategist, organizer, unifier, etc. It's not like he 'punched out' all of the terminators hand to hand.

When things jive, you can absorb into the film. Every time something makes no sense, you get pulled out of the film. It's the film maker's job not to just entertain, but to keep you immersed.

Cameron in the show is obviously only around 100 pounds since she doesn't really affect vehicle ride height or mattresses or anything very much, and they pick her up a couple times.

I was wondering about that at some point. Have there been any images from the series showing deep battle damage? Something depicting construction?

-scheherazade

John was a great leader, strategist, organizer, unifier, etc. It's not like he 'punched out' all of the terminators hand to hand.
That sounds like something you decided.
This is not the word you want.
It's the film maker's job not to just entertain, but to keep you immersed.
It's your job to lighten up and stop actively trying to disbelieve.
I was wondering about that at some point. Have there been any images from the series showing deep battle damage? Something depicting construction?
She repairs her left arm at one point and you can pretty much see everything that arm is made of.
-scheherazade
I know. I see your name a couple inches to the left and above where you wrote this. Also, a preset signature is a feature of the message board. Maybe I'll go find everyone who does this and edit their posts to say something that amuses me.

Back