Terminator 3 Thoughts, Oppinions, Comments

But do they actually have electronic control over mechanical functions like the accelerator and steering wheel?

(accidentily edited by TC... whoops... Killed like half the post too... stupid quote button not being where it used to be... who thought putting the edit button right beside it was a good idea :( Really sorry about that.)

Wedge009 said:
But do they actually have electronic control over mechanical functions like the accelerator and steering wheel?

Er... yeah... there are a bunch of cars now that use electronic fly by wire systems, including braking, steering and throttle control.

Wow... I didn't know that. Why would people need that for?

And TC, was your editing my post there an honest mistake, or is that your way of censoring me with your typical sense of humour? Probably doesn't matter anyway, I can't even remember what I wrote there!

Getting a bit paranoid, Wedge? :p If you can't even remember what you wrote, it probably wasn't worth censoring.

Not paranoid. It's just that whenever I see TC write that sort of thing, it seems to be when editing someone's post or some other moderator duty.

And besides, you know how even the most innocent things can be wildly misinterpreted.

Yeah, I don't actually remember what you wrote their either, or I would have at least replaced the gist of it... It can't have been too offensive, or I think I might have remembered some of it, at least. Obviously, the solution is to be more offensive so I'll remember things and be able to replace them when I screw up and edit them.

TC said:
Er... yeah... there are a bunch of cars now that use electronic fly by wire systems, including braking, steering and throttle control.
Yeah, this came up in my Ethics class.

I guess its the next logical step up from power steering. You now have to work even less to have good control of your car...

I doub't that's ever going to happen chance ;)

But wouldn't it be funny if humans were merged with machines and we ran Windows OSes? One of your civic duties may be to reboot people who crashed. LOL.

TC said:
Obviously, the solution is to be more offensive so I'll remember things and be able to replace them when I screw up and edit them.
That's exactly the sort of humour I was thinking of. :)

Back