Telltale healing its relationship with Lucasarts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
It was recently announced, here http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland, that Telltale games will be releasing an episodic Monkey Island series, built off of world created for The Secret Of Monkey Island (of which there's also going to be a special edition released too!).

I kind of missed out on the original Monkey Island games, but I'm familiar with some of jokes and humor thanks to Youtube, and I realize it probably wouldn't be that difficult to track down a copy and run it in ScummVM, but this is still exciting news.

If Lucasarts is feeling friendlier with Telltale Games, or they simply don't give a damn about their non Star Wars and Indiana Jones catalogue, we could possibly a new Full Throttle or Maniac Mansion series down the road.

Full throttle 2 was completely finished, but tim shafer didn't think the result was good enough, so it was never released. Some of the games style and concepts got recycled into "brutal legend", where you play a heavy metal guitarist who gets sucked into another dimension where his beltbuckle and guitar posess magic powers. that game will be released this summer.

Monkey island 1 Special edition will be a full HD edition of the original game, with updated graphics. It will still be thesame point&click 2D thingie from the 90's(style i liked best)

I did not like the later editions of monkey island, it was too different, the 3D didn't work, and the jokes were way more corny.

Ugh.

Gah.

I imagine I should be excited about a new Monkey Island. The team behind it looks pretty solid.

...But why, why does it look so terribly awful? Seriously, I don't remember the last time I was this badly turned off by a game's visual style. It's shit, it's horrid, it's crap - why, even Escape From Monkey Island's "scurvy-inducing" (possibly the most appropriate marketing slogan ever) 3d graphics looked fantastic compared to this.

Full throttle 2 was completely finished, but tim shafer didn't think the result was good enough, so it was never released.

I think Sam N Max Freelance Police was completed too, just before it was canceled.

I think Sam N Max Freelance Police was completed too, just before it was canceled.

From what I recall, it was said that the Sam & Max sequel was 90% completed before LucasArts pulled the plug, while Full Throttle 2 (what was known as Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels) was around 65%. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I had read that.

Gotta agree with Q here. Nineteen years and a whole bunch of sequels have come and gone, and nothing has looked as good as the pixellated close-ups from MI1.

Guybrush, as opposed to Guybrush.
Pirate vs Pirate
Elaine vs Elaine

Ugh. Just... argh.

Geez, I wish you hadn't pointed these out. The old Guybrush shot looks they tried to copy Christopher Atkins from The Pirate Movie, with a demonic gleam in his eye.:p The old pirate look is more "realistic" but the whole series is comedic and cartoonish.

I'm not totally jazzed about the look of the Sam N Max series. If I was in control I would do a cel shaded game similar, in look, to XIII or Borderlands with the comics as the visual touchstone. I still love the TT series because it's well written and still makes me laugh after a dozen plays.

Wow.

This seriously looks like they stole the engine used in the PlayStation Medievil games.

It was good for it's day, but come on...those corners and crap went out with the Macarena. Is this a company filled with 10 y/o graphical designers...?

Blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back