Technosaurs: Locked and Loaded (July 20, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Ready for action! Our equipment is packed for a short trip to the Origin Museum tonight - and then on to Mythic Entertainment tomorrow morning, where it will be used to archive a large collection of Origin and Wing Commander artifacts. What's on the manifest? A desktop, eight laptops, four tape drives, two SyQuest drives, five SCSI adapters, two VHS-to-DVD decks, a scanner, camera equipment, a CD resurfacer, computer tools, a DVD-ROM drive, hard drive enclosures, roughly five terabytes of storage, enough A/V, SCSI and power cables to strangle a Kilrathi and more! I took less stuff with me when I went away to college! We will do our best to keep you up-to-date as to our status as the week progresses. Wish us luck!

--
Original update published on July 20, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangle?...heck you could probably mummify a Kilrathi with all the power cords...:D

Seriously, awesome how locked and loaded you all are. (wait I just used the title there, weird)

Best of Luck guys...the community is all behind you

Wow, I was the first viewer of their test thing. Just a note, though, try to use the camera from a stable stationary position when ya'll record at Mythic. The blur is a little annoying. Volume was excellent and should be perfect for the size of room you will probably be in.

I eagerly await the first videos...btw are ya'll going to upload these throughout the day or only at night? Also will these be short progress-report style videos or longer stretches of recording while ya'll work?

Wow, I was the first viewer of their test thing. Just a note, though, try to use the camera from a stable stationary position when ya'll record at Mythic. The blur is a little annoying. Volume was excellent and should be perfect for the size of room you will probably be in.

I eagerly await the first videos...btw are ya'll going to upload these throughout the day or only at night? Also will these be short progress-report style videos or longer stretches of recording while ya'll work?

The blur was a combination of it being a cell phone in a fairly dark room. It should be much better in the daylight at Mythic. The reason we're using a cell phone is so that we can do these updates and automagically infoburst them straight to the internet throughout the day. We'll also be taking separate high definition videos of the event to archive/upload later.

Heading out in a couple minutes...

I am definately eager to see what the finds are and hope to help in anyway possible. Those Youtube videos are cool....Keep up the great work :)

That's awesome, guys! So forgive me noobness or missing of the proper posts, but what were you doing at EA Mythic (well, actually just called Mythic, now) again? Getting a sneek peek of Warhammer Online? :)

Going through the remains of the Origin digital archives....finding treasures that may not have seen the light of day if not for the CIC command staff.

Can you say Privateer 3?

Back