Tears For Fears

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
Yes, that's right. Tears For Fears. If you haven't heard of them, go to TearsForFears.net and learn all about their history, and their upcoming new album, Everybody Loves A Happy Ending.

Go!!!!!!
 
They played mercy me at my uncles funeral after he died on Christmas Eve. They're a good band, but it's fine by me if I never hear them again.

ripper, how much of a dinosaur are you? (I can't be bothered to dig up the ASL thread again...;) Tears for Fears was the 80's synth-pop band that had that one hit wonder, "EV-REE-BAH-DEE WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD!"
 

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
Well when I think of Tears for Fears I always think of that movie where at the end the house is full of popcorn. Like, there was popcorn everywhere in the house and all over the lawn and I wanted popcorn to be everywhere like that at my house too.
 

Grimloc

Rear Admiral
shipgate said:
Well when I think of Tears for Fears I always think of that movie where at the end the house is full of popcorn. Like, there was popcorn everywhere in the house and all over the lawn and I wanted popcorn to be everywhere like that at my house too.

I've seen that movie. Is it the same one where they put a speaker in some guy's head and yell "I AM GOD!" from the other room?
 
Grimloc said:
I've seen that movie. Is it the same one where they put a speaker in some guy's head and yell "I AM GOD!" from the other room?

Yep, a dental implant actually. The movie is titled, "Real Genius," - a campy but admitedly fun film. I think it sort of launched Val Kilmer's career. I'd suggest seeing it at least once if anyone out there hasn't already..... ;)
 

Nappydman

Spaceman
Colonel Sanders said:
ripper, how much of a dinosaur are you? (I can't be bothered to dig up the ASL thread again...;) Tears for Fears was the 80's synth-pop band that had that one hit wonder, "EV-REE-BAH-DEE WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD!"

Come on now, they were a two hit wonder. Let's not forget Shout.
 
Grimloc said:
I've seen that movie. Is it the same one where they put a speaker in some guy's head and yell "I AM GOD!" from the other room?
Yeah, that's right before they make all the popcorn blow up the house.
 

Jason_Ryock

Vice Admiral
They actually built a micro radio into his braces somehow IIRC.

Other Stuff they did:
-Froze the dorm room floor for ice-skating a skiing with a compound that went directly from it's frozen solid state to a gaseous-state
-Fired a laser beam through several trees walls and statues across campus
-Delivered an exploding apple to the teacher on the day of final exams.
-One guy entered the Frito Lay entry competition several thousand times and won something like 52% of the prizes.
-Dis-assembled and re-assembled someones car inside their Dorm Room
-Used quarter sized slices of liquid nitrogen to pay the vending machines

It really is quite a funny movie.
 
Top