Team killing

ck9791

Rear Admiral
Can another player who is on your team in Arena kill you in a team match? Or can they kill their own capital ship in a capship match?

I was playing a couple matches last night and there was a player who would switch teams and try to do this. First he did it in a capship match, switching to the kilrathi side (which i was on) and targeting components on the kilrathi ship. I just kept going after the other confed players and the confed ship and ignored him. But I was wondering if he was actually able to damage the kilrathi ship.

Then in a team space station match he did this again, switching from the confed to the kilrathi side (which i was on again). At first I thought he just wanted to be on the winning side, so i switched to confed since there were only four players and i wanted to keep things two-on-two. But then i realized he was just doing this to pick on the kilrathi players and was going after the other kilrathi. I switched back to the kilrathi side. A short time after he switched back to the confed side. But if he was kilrathi and he shot me or the other kilrathi player, would it hurt our ships? I didn't really notice if his shots would hurt my ship when he was on the same side as opposed to the other confed player shooting me.

You can't harm other fighters on your own team, but I seem to recall that I have caused, by accident, the destruction of capship components. No one else was firing at them at the time they went boom, as best as I could tell, when shots aimed at the guy I'd just chased off hit a turret instead of my intended target.

I haven't played in a good while now, though, so I may be misremembering.

Yeah I've blown away a few friendly turrets by accident when playing defense. Just have to be careful.

Thanks for answering my question. I was wondering last night if I should attempt to stop the player who was doing this from shooting the kilrathi capship while flying a kilrathi fighter, or if I needed to be concerned that he was switching sides and trying to shoot at my ship and the other player while playing a team match. Now I know to ignore players who do that in a match and just concentrate on the other side.

Back