Team America

What did ya think of Team America?

• Hilarious!

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • I didn't get it. I am too young to remember '60s puppet shows on TV.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • It sucked.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Don't know, don't care.

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't think it was as hilarious as many of my friends made it out to be. But I still thought it was pretty funny and enjoyable to watch.

The songs in it were great I thought. And I really did like how the puppets were used. In the end, it was just like watching a really good episode of South Park.

Shipgate said:
I didn't think it was as hilarious as many of my friends made it out to be. But I still thought it was pretty funny and enjoyable to watch.

The songs in it were great I thought. And I really did like how the puppets were used. In the end, it was just like watching a really good episode of South Park.

Yeah exactly - It wasnt as good as I thought it was going to be, but still funny nonetheless. Its obviously the scene that everyone talks about but the sex scene was f*@!ing hilarious!

It hilariously blows... Lem'me explain that.

It's so funny, yet so bad, that I couldn't stop myself from watching it.... twice in a row. They really exploited a bad idea to the fullest.

I enjoyed many more of the subtle jokes in the movie. Like for example, when the boss guy Spottswoode is talking to Gary in the beginning and he asks him to meet him outside to talk, I love the way he walks out of the room all awkward-like and it looks like he's almost dancing. Cause you know if they wanted to the puppeteers could've made him walk more smoothly and realistic but they just thought it looked funny to have him walk out of the room that way. It was classic!

I HATE POLITICS!
But that's also why I liked Team America so much. :D
Gary's final speech sums it up really. You can't have Ps without Ds because they would turn into As, and you need the Ds to deal with the As. It was also really cool because both sides, right wing and left wing, came off as really ridiculous, like they do a lot in real life :) .

I'm not going to watch that, but if it's dumb, you should edit it out. I'd be willing to bed that video reaffirms my hatred for the internet rather than politics.

I think someone else once posted a link to some video being played to that gay bar song.

What was political about it?

I missed it! Too much work at the time. I remember that I thought, "hmm, this could be like Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, only funny. Is it out on DVD yet?

EDIT: Near-wrong reference: I was thinking more along Gerry Anderson shows, like Stingray and Thunderbirds. But Cpt. Scarlet is still fun.

Shipgate said:
I think someone else once posted a link to some video being played to that gay bar song.

What was political about it?

It's The Electric Six's song "Gay Bar" put to some footage of Bush and Blair. There's a lyric in there where the lead singer goes "Let's start a war!". I think that's about as political as it's going to get.

Team America is hilarious, but a lot of the humor (Michael Moore blowing up Mt. Rushmore) is very timely and topical, and will probably lose something ten years down the line. Same with most recent episodes of South Park. Having said that, the "Montage" song is pure gold.

Back