TCS Royal Oak

Thymerlord

Rear Admiral
Working on a story about a Battle Carrier(think battleship with flight decks ) and any ideas would be welcome. This story will take place in the time after Prophecy I have'nt quite decided on a villian yet it's still in the early phases of development.

The problem is if I brought the kittys in than their ships and stuff would need some upgrades or new ones.not a bad idea though,I will consider it.

Sort of I mean I don't have a whole lot of exp with Concordia (WC1,WC3,WC4,WCP) thats on reason why I'm asking for help.My own stuff I write deals with heavy battleships with flight decks and I wanted to do something similar

Eww, missing the one with one of the better storylines (heck, they all have good stories), but a decent plot - without FMV! :)

Anyway, the Concordia is a Confederation-class dreadnought, but I guess it could be described as a battleship... with flight decks. It has loads of AMGs for standard capship slugfests, not to mention a massive PTC for taking out pesky Fralthras with one shot, and it carries a full wing of fighters (I think, but numbers aren't really important). The only thing that bugged me about the Concordia was that its flight deck kept being blown up all the time...

I am still toying with flight deck layout but I am going to put armored blast doors on both ends.And it is going to be pretty good sized with a lot of guns, Maybe our dear villian from false colors could make an apperance.Oh yeah btw I would like to thank anyone who helps me beforehand or afterhand or whatever. I don't want to seem ungrateful I just forget sometimes.

Originally posted by Thymerlord
The problem is if I brought the kittys in than their ships and stuff would need some upgrades or new ones.(...).

That shouldn't be so much of a problem. A hidden Kilrathi weapon's depot/laboratory in the vastness of space isn't something too far-fetched (but not very ingenious, I admit).

Would'nt be the first time a secret lab was hidden away, even though it's overdone it's not a bad idea,also there probably won't be very many(if any) known characters unless there mentioned in conversations or in orders.

Even though this too, is a bit overdone, why not have the Kilrathi fly obsolete ships? Hell, a Kilrathi has no need of fancy equipment to defeat Terran scum! :)

but new equipment would'nt hurt after all who wants to fly a Dralthi against Vampires and Wasps.not a bad idea though kind of like the UBW or Landreich.

Originally posted by Quarto
Even though this too, is a bit overdone, why not have the Kilrathi fly obsolete ships? Hell, a Kilrathi has no need of fancy equipment to defeat Terran scum! :)

Truer words were never spoken. I salute you! :)

To all those who have helped me, thank you for the help. I have decided that the villians will be the Kilrathi, I'm going with the secret lab idea buried in Hari sector, why not it worked before with it's poor tourism and such. And the Royal Oak is on the drawing boards for ease of description, a third race might make an appearance but I don't know about that yet.

Good luck then!

Concerning the third race: Do you plan to introduce a completely new race or one already mentioned in the WC universe (if any)? Creating a new species might be not the best thing to do IMHO.

Yeah thats what I'm not sure about , the problems of introducing a new race are really the problem on that one. Though the mighty foe will have some new toys from their secret lab

It's your story but you wanted our opinions ;):

Please, no secret super weapon for the Kilrathi. Or you have a very good explanation why they haven't used it earlier.
A stock of some modern fighters or cap ships is acceptable though. :)

Well I was thinking originally about a super weapon but I figured Star wars has pretty much worn that out . I was thinking just new fighters but that new ship idea is nice.And yes I do want opinions any you want to share is good I will consider everything,after all a stronger Empire is good for the story:)

Back