TCS Midway or TCS Vesuvius?

How would that apply more to the Vesuvius class? If anything, the Vesuvius has MORE power projection and ability than the Midway. The Midway is a small floating starbase, the Vesuvius is a dedicated military platform. While the Midway might be able to sustain itself over a longer amount of time, the Vesuvius would be better able to take out most any target it was assigned to.

I think that Midway was a waste of money in some aspects, but then, so was Vesuvius. Neither could be in more system at once, when a dozen jeep carriers or two or three light fleet carriers could easily do this.

Ah Midway...I played P. 2 hours ago. I found one more scene I didn't know before. I am always happy then. Even if I stil have that video jump-problem (my English wasn't good enough to find his advice-parts in my Ge. version). I just asked myself how many scenes are there, which aren't conventional. For ex. the scene I found was the last one with the possibility that I eject in the wormhole fight end up in a Devil Ray and the Midway fires her Plasma gun and explodes...the face they made. Finley looked like she'd begin to crie every moment *g*.

But the Vesuvius would make for an excellent flagship. Strong, powerful, imposing, the pride of the Confederation. It need not be in every system at once, its job would be to head the fleet.

Okay. Then say you have the Third Fleet of the Claw and the Fifth Fleet of the Claw attacking two different sites, and the biggest fleet you have is headed up by the Vesuvius. What do you do then?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Blair 'thinks' about how the deck plan is the same as the Concordia he served on... but it's not the same class of ship.

I did remember he mentionted when he entered Angel's room, however, that the were the exact same. Then he muses that both ships were of the same class and built from the same plans. Wouldn't that then imply that the Lex' from the WC4 book be of the Confederation class then?

It is of Concordia class, it's not of Confederation class...

How much would the design of barracks change over the years? It looks like Angel's room, yeah...houses in suburbia look exactly the same, too. They really wouldn't change a WC's room from ship class to ship class, except accounting for the size of the vessel...

The fact is, the book and game directly contradict each other and nobody can come up with a good reason why...

Originally posted by Nep Parth
It is of Concordia class, it's not of Confederation class...

How much would the design of barracks change over the years? It looks like Angel's room, yeah...houses in suburbia look exactly the same, too. They really wouldn't change a WC's room from ship class to ship class, except accounting for the size of the vessel...

Yeah, but it still doesn't explain for Blair saying that both the Lex' and the Concordia (which was of the Confederation class) were of the same class of ships.

The layout of all fleet carriers in wc were probably similar. That is why Blair knows the layout of the Princeton and the Lexington so well.

"....'the TCS Princeton.' The wall screen shifted showing a new Concordia-class fleet carrier..." wc4 novel pg 256

"He'd spent enough time on the Concordia and Lexington to know his way around." wc4 novel pg 258

Blairs service on the Concordia, a fleet carrier, gave him experience in the basic layout of all of confed's fleet carriers.

Originally posted by $tormin
i like the vesuvius. maybe im just compensating for my small stature :)

Actually, it's not a small "stature" that people are generally compensating for. :D

Best, Raptor

I know exactly what you mean...

Originally posted by Raptor
Actually, it's not a small "stature" that people are generally compensating for. :D
Yeah, 'cause sometimes people are compensating for a lack of originality when it comes to telling jokes. :D

Originally posted by Nep Parth
How would that apply more to the Vesuvius class? If anything, the Vesuvius has MORE power projection and ability than the Midway. The Midway is a small floating starbase, the Vesuvius is a dedicated military platform. While the Midway might be able to sustain itself over a longer amount of time, the Vesuvius would be better able to take out most any target it was assigned to.

i think it's completly different...the midway is the military, strategic and science station, not the Vesuvius. that's why the midway was able to handle the whole fleet of the aliens. they could analyse them faster because they have the much better science team and equipment. they could plan their strikes for a longer time and distance because the midway can support herself much better and longer. and again she has enough power to take out a tiamat...sure, you are the hero that is doing that with her, but a Vesuvius class ship came to help blair in wc4, so you had there also a hero supporting it.

Back