TCS Midway or TCS Vesuvius?

Originally posted by Fishbone
In Prophecy?
I read about the other missions in Hellesont system or so. But I never reached them. I thought it is a mythos...is it true?

Yeah, that's true, there's a losing mission in Hellespont...

Where does it say that the Vesuvius carries 400+ fighters? By all accounts, that's only from the WC4 book, which describes a completely different Vesuvius that have launch bays similar to the Concordia from WC2. Additionally the book describes the Lexington to be of the same class from the downed Concordia. So I'm thinking a lot of what the book has to say seems to be greatly disputed by what we see in the game. I highly doubt that the specs given by the book for the Vesuvius are that canoncal, but then again I'm just a newbie so what do I kno....

The novels are considered canon, thus also the specs given about the Vesuvius in the WC4 novel. Since we never were on a Vesuvius in the games, the description of the novel does not contradict anything.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 07-05-2001 at 18:17]

The Lexington is Concordia class, not the same class as the Concordia from WC2.

The 'bays' described in the novels are the areas to each side of the carrier where fighters are stored -- hence, the project sealed off a bay to do experimental stuff on 'Lex, and they couldn't see what was going on.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Lexington is Concordia class, not the same class as the Concordia from WC2.

The 'bays' described in the novels are the areas to each side of the carrier where fighters are stored -- hence, the project sealed off a bay to do experimental stuff on 'Lex, and they couldn't see what was going on.

But doesn't Blair specifically say that the ship's design was based on the Concordia that he served on, which in my recollection was a part of the Confederation class and not Concordia. Maybe I should reread it...

Originally posted by datou13
But doesn't Blair specifically say that the ship's design was based on the Concordia that he served on, which in my recollection was a part of the Confederation class and not Concordia. Maybe I should reread it...

You're absolutely right Datou. We shoul;d give you a Gold Star! :) bThough that's for LOAF to decide, not me... :(

I like the Midway because is a multi-role ship. Not too much fighter like the Vesuvius, but it defends herself very well !!!

"God, who cares?!? And what happens if this tub gets holed, what then? We've put all out eggs in one little basket with no backup" - Zero, WCP

Aha, good point. Yet, it has been negated by Midway's fantastic performance during the engagement in WC:p. While Zero and others were right to be skeptical at first, Midway proved herself in the fight.

While such skepticism and doubt is reasonable and responsible before the vessel is tested, it really doesn't have much of a foothold in light of Midway's recent feat.

Blair 'thinks' about how the deck plan is the same as the Concordia he served on... but it's not the same class of ship.

I never saw the Vesuvius, but I also don't have much experience with capships. I only know 3. But of them I like the Midway most. Even if I'd also havew given more for seeing more than the 2-3 three rooms of it I could enter.
For ex. the Bridge.
But another thing...I made my PC 'younger'. I changed Processor etc.. The jump was quite big. From 350 MgH to 800. But the videos in P. now have 'jumps' in them. 5-6 seconds are holes in the cutscenes. Is that normal? First I thought the CD 1 was not okay, but at 2,3 it also happened. Is my PC too fast for it, now? :)

Easily fixed...

Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Sounds and Multimedia
Audio>>Sound Playback>>Advanced
Performance>>Hardware Acceleration: Place the slider at "None."

Thanks Frosty. *g* LOAF: You needn't take any medicine. :)
You'll also see it after you took it. But it is really irritiating. Little.

Re: Easily fixed...

Originally posted by Frosty
Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Sounds and Multimedia
Audio>>Sound Playback>>Advanced
Performance>>Hardware Acceleration: Place the slider at "None."

that was a problem I had been having too, thanx man

Originally posted by Bob McDob
"God, who cares?!? And what happens if this tub gets holed, what then? We've put all out eggs in one little basket with no backup" - Zero, WCP

I think Zero was refering to the fact that the Midway concentrated the fighter capability and power prjection ability of an entire fleet in one ship. While I'm a little dubious on that myself, it's a weakness that applies equally (if not even more so) to the Vesuvius class.

Best, Raptor

Back