TCS Midway or TCS Vesuvius?

::eyes glaze over::

Exo-Squad

Yes, I understand again!

I was in 8th Grade when Exo-Squad was in it's second year. My 8th grade yearbook quote was "Neosapian Destiny!" :D

I love Exo-Squad, though it's been years since I've seen it. Good God, maybe we should start arguing about a TCS Midway vs. the Olympus Mons, the insanely huge Neosapian carrier that looked like it was at least a few dozen miles long and a few more wide!

Originally posted by Supdon3
The Midway is very much a ship of war. THats why it was completely capable of repellign the Nephiliem invasion. It just is also very flexible and capable of more than normal warships.

And the Vesuvius class hasn't done terribly well in combat to date. Wehn the first of a class of super carriers is taken out by a rag-tag bunch of Border Worlders, and the second is blown by a relatively small Nephilim force (a fraction of the one the Midway faced down), you start getting the feeling the Vesuvius class is over-rated.

Best, Raptor

much overrated....

the V is a warship, the midway is a full military and strategic base. thats why it could handle a complete N fleet...i dont think that the V could do the same thing.
btw the midway could stand against the N warships including the Tiamat which had also MUCH more fighters and even better shields and guns. the tiamat was a better ship than the V and it loosed.

to the argument that the ships can be 100 000 000 clicks away. the midway can plan a strike much bettern then the V...

to nep parth: did you play prophecy? if yes you could see how fast they could send out the next group of fighters if the midway was under attack. you looked in the icis-book? there was written that all ships are 100% ready, the only thing they have to do is to load the next group into the launch tubes.
interceptors? 2 a-class fighter wings take them out and give cover for the bombers which are out from the midway early enough... then the next group of fighters and so on.
before the V can send out the next fighters to defend themselves the bombers are already there...

[Edited by Frosty83 on 07-05-2001 at 05:28]

Yeah, the Tiamat is technically perhaps a better ship than the Midway but don't forget: The Tiamat was destroyed by you (i.e. Casey), the hero. You are supposed to accomplish such things.
IMHO, the fact that the Mt.St. Helens / Vesuvius were destroyed is not a valid point because they were destroyed by the hero of each game. Remember, as soon as you get killed in WCP, the Midway isn't able to defend herself aginst the Nephilim. ;)

thats not completly right. maybe in some mission but if you get killed you are dead and so you cant see how the midway can fight on without you...

Personally, I'd have to know what personnel were on the two combatants first. If Bondarevsky's commanding one of them, Midway or Vesuvius, and he has some good pilots at his disposal, it will be a short, rather one-sided, engagement.

[Edited by Wolf Dog on 07-05-2001 at 07:01]

Originally posted by Frosty83
thats not completly right. maybe in some mission but if you get killed you are dead and so you cant see how the midway can fight on without you...

You're dead, then click click "continue" and you'll see the Midway die in a fight against the Nephilim (in most cases).

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

You're dead, then click click "continue" and you'll see the Midway die in a fight against the Nephilim (in most cases).

yeah but it is not because you are not there to defend the midway with the other pilots, it's because you mostly couldn't destroy some suply ships of the N in a mission before so the fleet was too strong.

IMHO, the fact that the Mt.St. Helens / Vesuvius were destroyed is not a valid point because they were destroyed by the hero of each game.

Come again? Since when are the Nephilim the heroes of Secret Ops? :D

Best, Raptor

Ah, crap! :) My fault...

I wanted to say: 2 Vesuivius-class carriers have been destroyed and no Midway-class yet. But that's not a valid argument IMHO, since the Vesuvius was destroyed by the game' hero (Blair) and the Midway did only survive the Nephilim attacks because the game's hero (Casey) did defend her, whereas the poor St.Helens had no hero to defend her.
Without Casey the Midway would have been destroyed as well by the Nephilim.

Originally posted by Frosty83
yeah but it is not because you are not there to defend the midway with the other pilots, it's because you mostly couldn't destroy some suply ships of the N in a mission before so the fleet was too strong. [/B]

I don't think so. IIRC you can get such a cutscene even when you die during a normal patrol.

And if it's so, once again you (the hero) was not able to take out the supply ships, so nobody else can. There was no hero on-board the St.Helens to destroy supply ships either. *g*

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 07-05-2001 at 09:50]

lets put it this way, in WC games our hero could have held off the entire invasion flying in a single seat fighter with his base of operations being a transport (remembers SO1)...Wait a sec that happend

I know this is a bit off-topic, but since people are talking about clicking on 'continue' after dying, does anybody know if Prophecy has a loosing path (thinking of clicking 'continue' after ejecting, but not being picked up by Nephilim)? I mean, do the Nephilim beat you back so you end up fighting them in Earth orbit like you do the Kilrathi in WC3?

There are some losing path missions (where you to differant systems than you would have if you had done well in previous missions) but there's no fall back to Earth. If you screw up bigtime, you cut to the scene where Sol system gets hit.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Napoleon
lets put it this way, in WC games our hero could have held off the entire invasion flying in a single seat fighter with his base of operations being a transport (remembers SO1)...Wait a sec that happend
Heh, you couldn't be more wrong... the fighter had two seats :).

Originally posted by Rampage3051
I know this is a bit off-topic, but since people are talking about clicking on 'continue' after dying, does anybody know if Prophecy has a loosing path (thinking of clicking 'continue' after ejecting, but not being picked up by Nephilim)? I mean, do the Nephilim beat you back so you end up fighting them in Earth orbit like you do the Kilrathi in WC3?

There's a few missions in Confed space you can fly... defending a starbase.

In Prophecy?
I read about the other missions in Hellesont system or so. But I never reached them. I thought it is a mythos...is it true?

Originally posted by Quarto
Originally posted by Napoleon
Heh, you couldn't be more wrong... the fighter had two seats :).

In fact, Quarto's wrong too; it wasn't a fighter, it was a Crossbow bomber! ;)

Back