TCS Midway or TCS Vesuvius?

Ah the ramblings of newbies! Sorry Frosty, but the Midway would get trashed. Even if the Midway had more offensive batteries, she is a larger ship and has to lay down more covering fire. The fact Midway has more launch tubes is a very slight advantage, since you can get more fighters out, but she also has less fighters.

As for her shield ratio, she is a larger ship and (once again) has to lay down more coverage. There's more wires, more circuitry to go wrong.

As for a Vesuvius vs Midway fight, it just wouldn't happen. No carrier commander is remotely stupid enough to send a carrier after a carrier for a capship fight.

More circuits and wires isnt a valid argument! Being a bigger ship the Midway would have stronger engines and more power to the sheilds making them harder to knock down than a Vesuvius. Plus having two halves of the ship that are largely independent you have to take out both when the Vesuvius is one whole and it would take less to damage it enough to take it out.

I don't think you can compare the two...they were built for different reason. The Vesuvius was a warship. The Midway was more a postwar armed science ship. Both did their respective mission well. I think in a fight, the Vesuvius would probably win as that's what it was designed to do. The Midway has an advantage in the postwar society because it is a bit cheaper than the Vesuvius, and has a larger role.

The Midway is very much a ship of war. THats why it was completely capable of repellign the Nephiliem invasion. It just is also very flexible and capable of more than normal warships.

hmm ok...i had a bad memory about the amount of the fighters of the Vesuvius...

but: look LeHah, you call this a "slight" andvantage. what are 400 fighters good for if you cant get them out soon enough (all of midway's fighters are always 100 % ready to get shot out if there is a need for it) , and (as said before) if you destroy the hangar there will be no fighters from the Vesuvius (midway is still capable to send the next group out). fact is, the battle would be over before the Vesuvius can send 1/4 of its fighters out

then you also forget that the midway is newer then the Vesuvius so maybe the midway has not that many guns on board (don't know), but they are newer, and because of that they can do more damage.

PS: dont call me a newbie

[Edited by Frosty83 on 07-04-2001 at 21:21]

Originally posted by Penguin
There's no definitive way to prove which carrier is better. Judging from the stats the Vesuvius with its 400 fighter complement holds the advantage - not much more can be said.

Going by the stats, we would have gotten our butts kicked in just about every WC game. :D

Best, Raptor

The Midway doesn't have 6 fighters, therefore, they aren't ready all the time. If you want to look at it like that, the Vesuvius has all of it's fighters ready, since the carrier is built around it's hangar, and the Midway isn't.

I don't think Midway's shields are better.

Midway has the advantage of getting fighters out earlier, but since Vesuvius has MORE of those fighters, those early fighters would run into more interceptors.

The reason we speculate is because they are the greatest Confederation carriers of the age...it's fun to pit them against each other in imaginary battles.

Versus...versus...(head starts spinning) :eek:

Personally, I like my Concordia. :D I like any Concordia. The Vesuvius is nice, as is the Midway, but to me, they're just sort of...blah.

I like Essex's Independence carrier too, which I am going to post right now. (Though, personally I would prefer more info... ^_~)

THe vesuvius has several advantages:
1. Many more fighters which is a HUGE advantage
2. More lasers
3. Antimatter guns IIRC 16
4. 3 engine groups meaning that using the P way of taking out ships there would be a whole nother group necessary to take out

5. The midway was designed to be a cheaper alternative to the vesuvius and typically cheaper is worse

Cheaper is relative...like buying Spam in bulk...Besides, Prophecy was cheaper than Starlancer, and that doesn't mean it was worse. :)

Which reminds me of something...how long and how many resourses does it take to build a V? Because, logically, lots of carriers are better than one.

Originally posted by Frosty83
hmm ok...i had a bad memory about the amount of the fighters of the Vesuvius...

but: look LeHah, you call this a "slight" andvantage. what are 400 fighters good for if you cant get them out soon enough (all of midway's fighters are always 100 % ready to get shot out if there is a need for it) , and (as said before) if you destroy the hangar there will be no fighters from the Vesuvius (midway is still capable to send the next group out). fact is, the battle would be over before the Vesuvius can send 1/4 of its fighters out

then you also forget that the midway is newer then the Vesuvius so maybe the midway has not that many guns on board (don't know), but they are newer, and because of that they can do more damage.

PS: dont call me a newbie

[Edited by Frosty83 on 07-04-2001 at 21:21]

Um.. why is it that everyone thinks the two ships are within fireing distance, they might as well be 100 000 000 klicks our you know, so they'd have time to launch a *LOT* of fighters before they actually meet.

Actually, Vesuvius has 440 fighters. Also, my question wasn't "Vesuvius vs. Midway. who whould win?" It was "which is better, or your favorite?"

not exactly, while *thing Vs thing* is the most of the time a problem, with facts we can make a good conclusion.

I was kinda arguing which was my favorite:) In my entire time here ive never seen a constructed debate become a flame war. We are grown up enough that we can have our favorites and still not yell at someone for having a differing opinion.

The Vesuvius has 400 fighters. No more.

chip's threads were the best with bubblegum weapons and capturing cap ships. You know he even went after being laughed at here to make posts on an exosquad mailing list about the same things

I just noticed somthing odd, frosty you had to register a new name? Did you get banned. If so that would be quite ironic, I got banned (later repealed) and demoted because I replied to you and it would be quite ironic if you had been banned as well. but anyway what happend

Originally posted by Ghost
LOL
You are kidding ????? :)
EXO squad....

Nope tis sad but true, and wtf do you have against Exosquad, the greatest animated series ever (wcatv not included of course :) )

Back