TCG... but this time with other backgrounds...

the next 3x3 ships...

09A_skecismk2.jpg

09B_skecismk2_unique.jpg

09C_skecismk2.jpg

10A_kalrechi.jpg

10B_kalrechi.jpg

10C_kalrechi.jpg

11A_heretic.jpg

11B_heretic.jpg

11C_heretic.jpg

jeah baby, pimp my skecis Mk II... my dear, the colors for Teannas fighter are quite cool...

It reminds me on... Tankgirl...

*rofl*

Deacan

PS: please - voltlaser & Streamlaser Mk II on that ship plus Brute Mk II...

;)

Okay, a few word on the cardgame or: how does this work?

As you can see, any privateership comes in three versions – light, medium and heavy. We first planed to do a simple and empty „spaceframe“, but we canceled that idea soon. Why?

Well, lets say you want to fly a heretic. Want some guns? Fine. Some missiles? Okay. A second missiletype? A warpshield? A repairdroid? And on and on?
You would have a large amount of cards under your heretic-fighter, and then go and try to move this cards from planet to planet – no way!

So we came along with our version here.
During a fight your ship normaly fires only with the guns, so you take the amount of damage as shown on the card. The idea: the bigger the guns, the harder the hit – but also your power is draining down.

For instance: the heretic come with 4 guns. The light version say 4 streamlaser, any gun makes a damage of 1 point – so we get 4 points in total.
The medium version features a better gunlayout, perhaps 4 FluxBeam Mk II. Any gun make again a damage of 1 point, but in total we give 1 point extra power, so we count a power of 5. The heayv version? 4 Kravens, total power of 6. Easy, isn’t it?

If you want more gunpower, just use a equipmentcard (weaponscooler), and the powerrate collects a other point…
The blindfire ist he second way to get an other point.
The main reason to use this way was simple, we don’t want to create an „superfighter“, with nearly blows away anything with only one shot.

Lets move to the missile, okay? Again, we take a look at the heretic. 6 missileracks are mounted on that ship.
To use these weapons, you need a card called „full weapons fire“. If your hit your target, the full amount of damage is done, as listend on the card as weapons, so the light version hits your enemy with 10, the medium with 11 and the heavy version with 12 points.
Now you can say: one moment please! My ship holds 6 snipe-missiles, why do these weapons do the same damage as the python-missiles?
Well, good question.
The answer: only if you use the „full weapons fire“ card! There will be two other cards: one is for the snipe-missile. As you know, the snipe is not realy usefull to hunt down fast ship. But on slow or big vessels… if your tearget is a freighter or a capital ship (with a speed below 250 or 5) and your ship is a light version, use the „snipe-missile-attack“ card. If youre atack is sucessful, your missiles does a special damage. Our heretic holds 6 of this little beasts, do you remember it? So 6 damagepoints on the shields and 6 damagepoints on the hull! But only the snipes can do this little trick…
The second specialcard is for the guys who love the pythons-missiles. Use this card and youre chances to hit the enemies are more then good, it’s nearly impossible to avoid a direct hit… but – this missile is not cheap. And the price for the use of this weapon (and it’s deadly force) are terrific, you loose one „buildingpoint“ from your „start or buildingfacility“ or simply: you decrease your chances to build up new ships or equipmentcards soon…

More soon!

Deacan
PS: oh hell, it must been years ago since I wrote so much in english…

And, by the way - can we please move that thread over to fan projects, please?

:p hehehe

the next one³

17A_faldari.jpg

17B_faldari.jpg

17C_faldari.jpg

Deacan said:
Lets move to the missile, okay? Again, we take a look at the heretic. 6 missileracks are mounted on that ship.
To use these weapons, you need a card called „full weapons fire“. If your hit your target, the full amount of damage is done, as listend on the card as weapons, so the light version hits your enemy with 10, the medium with 11 and the heavy version with 12 points.
Now you can say: one moment please! My ship holds 6 snipe-missiles, why do these weapons do the same damage as the python-missiles?
Well, good question.
The answer: only if you use the „full weapons fire“ card! There will be two other cards: one is for the snipe-missile. As you know, the snipe is not realy usefull to hunt down fast ship. But on slow or big vessels… if your tearget is a freighter or a capital ship (with a speed below 250 or 5) and your ship is a light version, use the „snipe-missile-attack“ card. If youre atack is sucessful, your missiles does a special damage. Our heretic holds 6 of this little beasts, do you remember it? So 6 damagepoints on the shields and 6 damagepoints on the hull! But only the snipes can do this little trick…

year...

for example:

a
maneuver_icon.gif
maneuver cardtype
a
equipment_icon.gif
equipment cardtype
a
event_icon.gif
Event cardtype
a
interrupt_icon.gif
interrupt cardtype

Btw - we need a helping hand...

There will be one (!) unique card called "DREAM", this is from my novel, the Dream is Ser Arris personal destroyer and it was build after his takeover of the clan. The problem is, of corse, that such a vessel doesn't exists, it's pure fatasy.

But at least, we want to bring this ship to life. We are looking for people, who are willing to create this ship for our cardgame.

The Dream is classified as destroyer, it's smaller than a cruiser (like the pirateclans operate), it's armament feature 3 heavy turrets and a smal hangar.

The only condition: it must fit in the designline of the game!

If you are interessed, please give us a sign.

Deacan

And once again: some words on these cards...

As you can see, the salvia destroyer has a really huge amount of armor and shields. The only way to kill such vessel are torpedoes. A light and a heavy version exists. Both will be used as "equipmentcard", reducing ships speed and the amount of missiles used during a fight with other fighters. Sounds a bit confusing, but we will explain it soon...

Deacan

Whoa, I'm back. Well, kind of - work is kicking me across Europe again, and this is the first breathing time I get.

Hudson/Deacan: Nice work. I really like how this is shaping up; it gets more depth each time you reveal a little more about the structure of the game.

...BUT (you heard it coming, didn't you?):
This thread is getting very large, and takes a looooong time to load before you can read it properly. Also, the comments and requests can easily get lost between the marvellous pictures.

So, suggestions:
- Send a PM to the admins (ChrisReid, KrisV, Death...) and ask them to move the thread into fan projects - or even better, give it a fan project section of its own.
- Look around for modelers in other mods to get the Dream built, or open a "modeler wanted" thread
- Post a "comment" thread in parallel to the picture thread

And just as a maybe: Do you have webspace to host the pictures, so that people can look at them a bit easier? Then you could just post thumbnails here, and speed up the thread a bit.

*And now it's back to work - and back to the translation as soon as possible*

*hm...*

Well, dear critical... of corse you're right. Did I get this right: most of the users go via modem on the datastream???

Even I (using a ISDN card) have no problem with the speed of this thread, normal loadingtime are 15 seconds...

But - since we are working hard on our own site, including a forum and a gallery for stuff like this here... we will move and post most of new cards over there. Please don't panic, we will send messages and also promopictures inside this board to keep all of you on line.

Deacan

Sorry if this came over a bit too firm... - I'm really looking forward to the site and all the stuff you guys do.

Out of curiosity I just checked - with an empty browser cache, the thread takes me 1.45 min to load, with a standard DSL1000 line. I just guess you visit often and your browser cached the pictures long enough, so there's no delay...

Well, I think the next figthers or better card we be on display on our homepage, we will create a short link (and use thumpnails) for you.

As far as we get, all ships are clear, if I remember it right Hudson simplay needs to inserts the pictures in the frames.

Deacan

Well, Hudson is back...

Greeting my old friend, from one corner of this city to the other...

*winke-winke über die Elbe*

Looks like we can start the first simple fights!

Deacan

Back