TCG... but this time with other backgrounds...

A little idea for you

Card name: Firakka's Finest

it's played on a person

Lowers defense and strength, but hightens initiative

First turn, when played, the effects take place, but the second turn the person cannot be used. (hangover)

I have more if you want

Hört sich alles gut an, aber um euch etwas bewusst zu machen:

Dies ist ein reines Privateer - The Awakening Kartenspiel, das im Privateer 2 Spiel Universum spielt.
Daher wird es eher unwahrscheinlich, das ich Namen oder Eigennamen wie Maniac oder Firakka oder ähnliches das mit dem Wing Commander Universum zusammen gebracht werden könnte übernehme und benutzen werde.
Man könnte natürlich andere Namen anstelle der euren Vorgaben nehmen, dies währe natürlich kein Problem.
Ich finde es sehr gut, und möchte mich auch gleich bedanken bei euch, dass ihr euch selbst Gedanken über diese Idee von einem Kartenspiel von mir macht. Ich schlage vor, das ihr etwas wartet bis ich zusammen mit Deacan das Regelwerk und das Spieldesign bis zum Schluss durchdacht und niedergeschrieben habe und dies auch ausgetestet ist, sodass wir soweit keine Fehler oder ungereimtheiten mehr finden.

Wenn wir dies hinter uns haben, dann stelle ich dieses Regelwerk allen zum selber ausprobieren zur Verfügung.

Gleich noch eine Große bitte, wenn ihr Bildmaterialien habt, wo ihr denkt, das die für das Kartenspiel geeignet sein könnten, dann scheut euch nicht diese mir oder Deacan zuzusenden oder gleich hier online zustellen mit eurer Beschreibung zu der Karte wie es schon QuailPilot hier getan hat.

Vielen Dank für euer Verständnis.

Jacob Hudson

PS: Mehr neue Bilder werden demnächst folgen

QuailPilot said:
A little idea for you

Card name: Firakka's Finest

I have more if you want

That's already a card in the actual Wing Commander CCG. It doesn't really fit in this project, because this is geared to Privateer 2, which has a million of its own unique drinks.

k-lu-too-muc.jpg

I think, Hudson got the point.

Even I still do not believe that P II is part of the wc-universe. There are to many differences... and I doesn't found any clue for "extra-terrestian" life inside the game (okay... there are mutants on karatikus, but there is no sign that these are aliens)...

The major idea was to keep the P II Universe alive... and to inspire this community to take part - aside from Wing Commander.
I still love WC, but P II is somewhat like a forgotten world...

Deacan

Deacan said:
Even I still do not believe that P II is part of the wc-universe. There are to many differences... and I doesn't found any clue for "extra-terrestian" life inside the game (okay... there are mutants on karatikus, but there is no sign that these are aliens)...

There's no universe at all if everyone just randomly picks things to include or exclude based on their personal beliefs. There are official products that matter when considering the entirety of the franchise's continuous universe, and there are unofficial products which exist just for personal enjoyment and have no bearing on anything else. Privateer 2 is an official product that takes place about 110 years down the timeline from Prophecy. For all the game's "differences," were it released as a standalone game, people would never have stopped complaining about how much of a Wing Commander rip-off it was. It's odd that you would mention Karatikus, because there are very clear signs that aliens existed there at some point. From Priv 2's in-game database:

BACKGROUND: Of all the planets in the Tri-System, without doubt the oddest is Karatikus.... surveys of the planet have revealed what appears to be remnants of an alien civilisation, the surviving technology of which may have given rise to the terraforming accidents, and keen researchers have become ubiquitous.

Deacan said:
The major idea was to keep the P II Universe alive... and to inspire this community to take part - aside from Wing Commander.
I still love WC, but P II is somewhat like a forgotten world...

That's not true, thanks to all the fans here. Lots of people still play and talk about Privateer 2 because it's a Wing Commander game that our community embraces just like any other.

Im sorry, Hudson, but I can't read what you said.

To Chris: I never played the CCG, so I never knew there was a Fireakka's Finest card....Is there a Brilliance card?

I've been offline over the weekend, time to catch up...
First, Hudson's post, which foreshadowed some of the later discussion, but was unfortunately in German:

Jacob Hudson said:
All that sounds good, but please realize:

This will be purely a Privateer - The Awakening card game, taking place in the Privateer 2 game universe.
Therefore it's rather improbable to have given names for people and places like Maniac or Firekka, or other itmes linked to the Wing Commander universe, included into the game. Surely I could use different names than the ones you propose, that wouldn't be much of a problem.
I'm really gald that you want to participate, that you offer your thoughts about this mere idea of a card game - and I'd like to thank you for that. I propose that you just wait for a little while until Deacan and I have put the game design and rules into a final, tried, tested, and written form, so that we can go ahead without creating incongruities or mistakes.

When we've reached that point I'll publish the rules for everyone to test and comment.

Another Big Request: If you have pictures or designs that you deem usable in a card game, then don't hesitate to send them to Deacan or me, or put them online here - together with a description of the card, like QuailPilot has done.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jacob Hudson

PS: More new pictures will come soon

So, that's for Hudson. I'll comment on that, but in a different post.

Now, to pick up the argument:

Chris is right in saying that P2 isn't totally unrelated to the rest of WC. Yes, it's in a far corner, and it's 110 years after Prophecy. But it's still the same culture, the same history.

So we can assume that none of the characters we've known from the WC games is still alive (or capable to interact much in a card game). Big names may have become legends and stories, and those could be used in a card game - like "tell the story of Maniac fighting 99 cats while on autopilot -> get -1 defense on opponent".
Historical references to the rest of WC are nonetheless still valid - so you *could* include those things from way back, but you also can decide to declare them irrelevant in the backwater of the Tri-System. But whatever you do, be sure to put some effort into research - as Chris demonstrated, there is a lot of hidden information in the game which would make a previously good idea look fanboyish and brash against the facts.

I'm sure there are enough P2 fans here to help you with that, so I hope you don't take that as opposition to the idea - we all are looking forward to a new card game, but we all are nervous if it will be done right. Don't let that put pressure on you - discuss your ideas with the community, and people will help you.

@Hudson: It's not really clear what you request: Should we stop proposing cards and wait for the rules, or go on proposing and you'll sort things out later?

Jon, thanks first times! :p

I hope it can read and understand: :rolleyes:

Now I wanted to actually express, which is first times waited for, until you know the set of rules halfway, before you tinker eagerly maps, which I could take over then.

Mhh, there gape nevertheless completely beautiful gaps between my knowledge between Privateer2 and Wing Commander other.
I knew only, which the people from the Tri-system are out broken open times of the Confederation sometime and settled there. The wormhole is collapses and it its own culture developed themselves in such a way.
But it after the prophecy does not play was conscious to me. Do I lie there also wrongly?

Perhaps that is more because of which is very deviating then the translations from the original ind germans.
However therein, which is again and again to be read separately in the Privateer2 play which from Confederation to, although it was so never of it the speech.

perhaps someone has the time/Lusst me and perhaps also different one those it exactly the same goes clearing up, like humans came really there, into the mad tri system.

Kind Regards

Hudson, that's a valiant effort - but sadly I can only understand & guess some of your English...

Let me summarize what I've understood:

- You want to create a set of rules first, so that the people have a better idea what to propose (pictures / cards /...)
- Your understanding of P2 is that people from the Confederation systems settled there some time ago. The wormhole leading into the Tri-systems has collapsed and there is no connection to the rest of the WC universe.
- You suspect differences between the English and German game versions, leading to misinterpretations.
- You're looking for someone to explain the history of the Tri-Systems and their relation to the Confederation.

Some other statements are a mystery to me - so if I took you wrong there, let's discuss in German; I would happily translate for both sides.

Now, for your questions: I really don't know much Tri-systems history. There are folks around here who are great WC historians (maybe someone is reading this), and who could tell you down to the smallest detail, but I'm not one of them.
There's the WC timeline, the encyclopedia, and the archives on wcnews.com, but I can't look up the links for you (for some reason the site is blocked by the firewall).

criticalmass said:
Now, for your questions: I really don't know much Tri-systems history. There are folks around here who are great WC historians (maybe someone is reading this), and who could tell you down to the smallest detail, but I'm not one of them.
There's the WC timeline, the encyclopedia, and the archives on wcnews.com, but I can't look up the links for you (for some reason the site is blocked by the firewall).

Unfortunately most of those resources aren't complete, but we can answer questions here.

Jacob Hudson said:
I knew only, which the people from the Tri-system are out broken open times of the Confederation sometime and settled there. The wormhole is collapses and it its own culture developed themselves in such a way.

The Tri-System has its own culture like I'm sure many outlying systems or regions have their own distinct culture. It's true that jump points can close, but the Tri-System and Confederation are not cut off from each other. In fact, the Tri-System CIS may simply be a militia, and the whole thing is probably a member of the Confederation. Planet Athos in the Issac System exports food to "the rest of the Confederation" and Planet Corinthias in Irrulan is referred to as "one of the Confederation's most valued assets." There are numerous similiar references in the game, so while the focus is clearly not on Confed, the two at least happily coexist.

criticalmass said:
So we can assume that none of the characters we've known from the WC games is still alive (or capable to interact much in a card game). Big names may have become legends and stories, and those could be used in a card game - like "tell the story of Maniac fighting 99 cats while on autopilot -> get -1 defense on opponent".
Historical references to the rest of WC are nonetheless still valid - so you *could* include those things from way back, but you also can decide to declare them irrelevant in the backwater of the Tri-System. But whatever you do, be sure to put some effort into research - as Chris demonstrated, there is a lot of hidden information in the game which would make a previously good idea look fanboyish and brash against the facts.

There are a few people in Wing Commander who are active well beyond 100 years, so it's not impossible for some later characters to appear in theory, but despite all of what I've said here, Privateer 2 has quite a distinct style and I don't think it's necessary to go digging through everything to come up with stuff to add to their P2 ccg. Privateer 2 is full of rich background on its own, and peripheral universe stuff can just be drawn on to fill any gaps later on.

Deacan said:
...what kind of ship? Just asking because we need to go hunting inside the game for the specific vessel...

And: be careful with your Wishes. :rolleyes: :D

Deacan

Hehehehehhe

The Maniac

07:10 Magdeburg, Germany

Chris and Jon:

Thanks, simply only thanks!!! :p :D

PS: And: be careful with your Wishes ??? why??? :D :D :D Wünschen kann ich mir vieles, ob ich es auch bekomme ist eine andere Sache ;)

Well, the hardest things has pass by - to play the game over and over and search for images...

Next step: make lists for all the images needed...

Btw: any idea where I can find the cruisers from the pirateclans? And the previa-shuttle is still lost...

Deacan

Attachments

• pt1.jpg
    pt1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 237
A few word to this card:

This is a Version A Duress - the simple, plain one.
The first number in the big circle is the "value" of this card, it's important during battles.
The second number (5) marks the cost for this ship.
The Zero in the 3rth circle are the numbers of the modules for this ship. Module can include warpshields, upgrade of the weapons, etc.

The streamlaser do a damage of 2, the missiles of 6.
The last details are selfexplaining...
I know, it's quite a bit confusing... but it'S much more easier than you may think.

Deacan

PS: we are still looking for 3 ships: the jincilla, papagod and chiricahn cruiser.
Please give us a sign if you got material for us to use...

Thanks.

P2 had some very original ship designs... The Heretic, while maybe not the most original, is certainly my favorite. I wish i could play it.

Back