Tarsus on scoreboard? Moreships "cheat"?

gavinfoxx

Rear Admiral
Hi there, whats up with some people having a tarsus on the scoreboards? Also, how do I get that more ships cheat to work? is it a L a I a 1? I would like to try flying the tarsus like some people apparently seem to be able to! And any more (modded?) ships that it might be possible to fly in this game. Also... is there a point where the avionics of older ships are upgraded so you can have the damn ITTS?

The Tarsus was removed from the sim and replaced with the Arrow (because the Tarsus sucked). You don't need to use the "alswantsmoreships" cheat anymore. All the fighters you can fly are already unlocked.

And no, fighters that do not have ITTS will never have ITTS. You just have to learn to lead on your own. :p

The vast majority are not playable in the campaign. They are only available in the sim. I will not ruin which ones you will get a chance to fly, but don't expect to see any super fighters. The Firekka is a CVE not the Concordia....

I don't care about the morningstar or the wraith. I just want to fly a goddamn Epee! It is by FAR my favorite ship in the game... I am apparently reaalllyy deadly in it (itts with good afterburner with great guns at a location where they will hit with great maneuverability = love) It's a superfighter to ME! For the same reason that everyone loves the Demon in Privateer Remake Parallel Universe... even with leaky shields...

*goes off to get his name on the scoreboards with the fighter in more places*

Cannon fodder for the Kilrathi :p

/Agree.

I always used to like the Ferret more. Not entirely sure why, lack of missiles and lighter guns and all. It just felt more like it was made of cardboard, instead of the Epee's construction paper armor. :)

Well... I will agree that the epee ass seen in WC2 isn't all that, but have you all TRIED it in the simulator? On nightmare? With mouse or joystick control? With the whole pulsing the afterburner through much of the fight, and always keeping the direction of the ship changing?? DAMN but it can kick ass and barely ever gets hit if you are any good...!

*checks*

ferret 65/65/45/45 shields 60/60
arrow v 40/40/40/40 shields 85/85
hornet 45/40/30/30 shields 45/45
stiletto 90/80/70/70 shields 50/50
epee 35/35/30/30 shields 60/60

okay. I see where you guys are coming from. But here's the thing... you also have to think of the *cross section* of the ship, and maneuverability -- if you don't get hit, armor doesn't MATTER. As near as I can tell, the epee is the actual hardest to hit of any of the fighters! I seem to be hit a TON more in the ferret and the stiletto! Does no one else notice that??

There have been a lot of discussions in the way they implemented ship stats from the earlier games, where in the system they chose made the epee too powerfull because it was so small and hard to hit yet it was powerfull enough to pack a punch, the Raptor because if it's wide firing arcs and large size became a pilot's nightmare, and the arrow became nearly unbeatable, if they ever decide to implement multiplayer like done with WC:p, everyone would be flying arrows and epees because the older ships would be too sluggish

So why do you still have the Tarsus up on the scoreboard?

Because we didn't want to delete people's scores forever just because we decided to replace that ship.

/Agree.

I always used to like the Ferret more. Not entirely sure why, lack of missiles and lighter guns and all. It just felt more like it was made of cardboard, instead of the Epee's construction paper armor. :)

I always thought they used toilet paper to armor the Epee... sorry, bad joke I told about a year ago... wasn't funny then either. :p

Back