Update!

Attachments

• tcwip10.jpg
    tcwip10.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 245
  • tcwip11.jpg
    tcwip11.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 249
Gunners and mechanics I can understand what role they play. What exactly would a co pilot due for you? Allow you to man a turret? You might be better off just hiring the gunner...

I would guess that a copilot could fly the ship while you, the player, man a turret or do mechanic work or something similar.

Added the chairs in there, and I've started on the control panel.

Attachments

• tcwip12.jpg
    tcwip12.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 315
  • tcwip13.jpg
    tcwip13.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 263
the copilot will make it so you don't have to physically got to the nav map. you just punch in a quick series of commands (you know, you 'talk' to him/her) and they plot your course. if you have a mission, he/she'll automatically plot the course to get you to where you're going, choose the appropriate speed to get you there fastest, etc...etc, and also ensure you don't run out of gas before you get there. they do all that, so you don't have to with a simple comms like interface.

c - call up comms menu, 1 - co-pilot, 2 - plot course to - brings up nav options 3 - take over control of the ship

or something like the above, just a quick example that.

they'll also fly the ship whil you take over the guns, if you don't have any gunners.

looking sweet :)

One question: There's no antialiasing applied to the model so i guess it's an ingame shot? Or is it a quick render?
Well, if it actually IS a shot taken in your engine => kick-ass! :D
And if it's "just" a quick render => kicks-ass anyway ;)

I really like the style, good job so far :)

dazza: Riiiight. you gotta pay extra for that.
BoH Havoc: It's a quick render - but the model will be identical. Too see the quality of the final model..take a look at the screenshot below.
hc32.jpg

Here're a couple more... there's only the chair's frame, overhead light fixtures, and back wall left to do. Then onto the glow maps!

Attachments

• tcwip14.jpg
    tcwip14.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 307
  • tcwip15.jpg
    tcwip15.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 288
Okay, getting much closer. I'm kinda wondering what people think about the WC1-style displays. They can definately change, but I kinda like them...
Thoughts?

Attachments

• tcwip16.jpg
    tcwip16.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 278
  • tcwip17.jpg
    tcwip17.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 327
They look too futuristic for the design of the cockpit IMO... whereas the cockpit itself is quite mechanical looking, the screens feel more like they're out of Star Trek.

Cam said:
They look too futuristic for the design of the cockpit IMO... whereas the cockpit itself is quite mechanical looking, the screens feel more like they're out of Star Trek.

That's stupid... It's like saying "I hate Windows because my mechanical computer makes it look too futuristic".:p

Back