Talking heads

eddieb

Vice Admiral
So I ran across this tool which makes talking head avis. Might be of interest to mod makers who want to make avi storylines in between missions, but who aren't great 3d artists.

Basically the program takes in an audio file of speech, and a 2d image of a face. It then fits a 3d model to your 2d face, with a little help from you. It then spits out an avi of the character, with decent looking facial animation. You can then tweak the emotions, expressions, within the program.

Here's what I came up with using the trial edition.
http://flightcommander.solsector.net/brief2.zip

So if someone wants to make a whole series of these things, they might consider buying Crazytalk. So if you can create the avi's, then I can put them in a Flight Commander mod.

Yeah, that's pretty smooth looking. Someone could make a #Wingnut movie with that too.

And it's even related to WC1! Are you able to remove the extra pictures that appear on the screen? Meaning the "Crazytalk4: The Ultimate Human Interface" and the picture of the lips.

If you could do that, including comibining a video of the launch with that one, it would be a good addition for my project.

Uh, any chance of a video using a less troublesome codec? In theory, I do have Indeo installed here... but it tells me that it needs a newer version, and all I end up with is a voice :(.

Kevin Caccamo said:
And it's even related to WC1! Are you able to remove the extra pictures that appear on the screen? Meaning the "Crazytalk4: The Ultimate Human Interface" and the picture of the lips.
You'd have to buy it.

Pretty nifty - looks like this would make a great tool for anyone doing anything WC1 or Priv-related (and maybe WC2, too, although the 3/4ths view there might not work quite as well).

Quarto said:
Pretty nifty - looks like this would make a great tool for anyone doing anything WC1 or Priv-related (and maybe WC2, too, although the 3/4ths view there might not work quite as well).

True, but even to get original talking heads back (the close up shots) like that would be a nifty effect.

Back